Molyneux admits Fable 1 was over-hyped
Speaking with UK blog VG247, Lionhead boss Peter Molyneux has admitted he isn't 100% happy with Fable 2, the designer revealing he has a list of things in his head - but honesty on the topic is borne of just that, rather than the new RPG being fundamentally flawed in any way.
"I wish we had two more bones in the top lip of each character so their mouths could form the words a little bit better. I wish they blinked more. I wish the sun’s God rays were a little less harsh in the early sunset. I wish the leaves were just fractionally smaller, because they tend to be a little bit large for trees," the industry veteran noted - no doubt to much embarrassment from Microsoft's PR team.
While he admits Fable 2 isn't perfect, then, he adds that it is a far more complete product than Fable 1. "I may seem like a PR person because I’m in the press a lot, but I’m not. And when people like yourself or fans ask me about the game, I try to be as honest as possible.
"I think especially after Fable 1, where to a certain extent people were right in believing that I got too excited about the game and that excitement came through as hype. It wasn’t meant as hype, and obviously the result was hype, but I didn’t mean to be dishonest or anything like that: I truly believed what I was saying."
Fable 2 is out later this month.
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015