League of Legends unveiled
A new MMO title has been announced today, the game promising to blend elements of both the RPG and the RTS genres. Riot Games' new offering will be called League of Legends, we hear.
Players will participate in the game by taking an overview of huge conflicts via a Summoner unit; the same players will then be able to throw themselves into the action via Champion units, competing directly to level-up, collect items and engage in other MMO-type activities.
Your Summoner will also gain XP, and will also unlock abilities to be used in the heat of battle.
Riot Games' opus will be released on the PC, we learn, and there will also be a bot-mode for anti-social types. Or those left at the mercy of BT's customer support (ahem).
This genre-blender will be beta-tested next year, according to Riot - and it clearly takes some inspiration from Blizzard's highly successful Warcraft series. We'll keep you posted.
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light
- Don't Starve gets a release date for the Wii U
- Here's the trailer for the next episode of Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Bloodborne will see DLC before the end of the year