League of Legends unveiled
A new MMO title has been announced today, the game promising to blend elements of both the RPG and the RTS genres. Riot Games' new offering will be called League of Legends, we hear.
Players will participate in the game by taking an overview of huge conflicts via a Summoner unit; the same players will then be able to throw themselves into the action via Champion units, competing directly to level-up, collect items and engage in other MMO-type activities.
Your Summoner will also gain XP, and will also unlock abilities to be used in the heat of battle.
Riot Games' opus will be released on the PC, we learn, and there will also be a bot-mode for anti-social types. Or those left at the mercy of BT's customer support (ahem).
This genre-blender will be beta-tested next year, according to Riot - and it clearly takes some inspiration from Blizzard's highly successful Warcraft series. We'll keep you posted.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year