League of Legends unveiled
A new MMO title has been announced today, the game promising to blend elements of both the RPG and the RTS genres. Riot Games' new offering will be called League of Legends, we hear.
Players will participate in the game by taking an overview of huge conflicts via a Summoner unit; the same players will then be able to throw themselves into the action via Champion units, competing directly to level-up, collect items and engage in other MMO-type activities.
Your Summoner will also gain XP, and will also unlock abilities to be used in the heat of battle.
Riot Games' opus will be released on the PC, we learn, and there will also be a bot-mode for anti-social types. Or those left at the mercy of BT's customer support (ahem).
This genre-blender will be beta-tested next year, according to Riot - and it clearly takes some inspiration from Blizzard's highly successful Warcraft series. We'll keep you posted.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey