Sony unimpressed by Nintendo's DSi
The DS may be the world's best-selling games platform at present; with Nintendo having announced that a new model - the DSi - will be out in Japan next month, but rival Sony are less-than-impressed.
SCEA marketing boss John Koller has told Gizmodo that he believes the DSi won't be enough to entice users beyond Ninty's '12 year-old male' demographic. Ouch.
"I can see the DSi being successful," the big cheese conceded. "The DS lite was obviously very successful. Will DSi do well with [the DS’s] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I’m not sure."
He added, however, that the new handheld will inevitably sell well, even if there are question marks over whether it is 'enough'. Your thoughts, players?
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching