Sony unimpressed by Nintendo's DSi
The DS may be the world's best-selling games platform at present; with Nintendo having announced that a new model - the DSi - will be out in Japan next month, but rival Sony are less-than-impressed.
SCEA marketing boss John Koller has told Gizmodo that he believes the DSi won't be enough to entice users beyond Ninty's '12 year-old male' demographic. Ouch.
"I can see the DSi being successful," the big cheese conceded. "The DS lite was obviously very successful. Will DSi do well with [the DS’s] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I’m not sure."
He added, however, that the new handheld will inevitably sell well, even if there are question marks over whether it is 'enough'. Your thoughts, players?
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3