Sony unimpressed by Nintendo's DSi
The DS may be the world's best-selling games platform at present; with Nintendo having announced that a new model - the DSi - will be out in Japan next month, but rival Sony are less-than-impressed.
SCEA marketing boss John Koller has told Gizmodo that he believes the DSi won't be enough to entice users beyond Ninty's '12 year-old male' demographic. Ouch.
"I can see the DSi being successful," the big cheese conceded. "The DS lite was obviously very successful. Will DSi do well with [the DS’s] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I’m not sure."
He added, however, that the new handheld will inevitably sell well, even if there are question marks over whether it is 'enough'. Your thoughts, players?
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday