Sony unimpressed by Nintendo's DSi
The DS may be the world's best-selling games platform at present; with Nintendo having announced that a new model - the DSi - will be out in Japan next month, but rival Sony are less-than-impressed.
SCEA marketing boss John Koller has told Gizmodo that he believes the DSi won't be enough to entice users beyond Ninty's '12 year-old male' demographic. Ouch.
"I can see the DSi being successful," the big cheese conceded. "The DS lite was obviously very successful. Will DSi do well with [the DS’s] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I’m not sure."
He added, however, that the new handheld will inevitably sell well, even if there are question marks over whether it is 'enough'. Your thoughts, players?
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare co-op reveal dated for tomorrow
- Blizzard finally cans Titan
- The Xbox One is now cheaper than the PS4 in the UK
- Counter-Strike Nexon: Zombies open beta is live now
- Ultima creator's new game Shroud Of The Avatar gets Greenlit on Steam in just 2 days
- Arrowhead's Gauntlet reboot arrives on PC
- We are now a Steam Curator
- Valve announces the arrival of the Discovery Update for Steam
- BioShock Infinite: Complete Edition coming this November