Sony unimpressed by Nintendo's DSi
The DS may be the world's best-selling games platform at present; with Nintendo having announced that a new model - the DSi - will be out in Japan next month, but rival Sony are less-than-impressed.
SCEA marketing boss John Koller has told Gizmodo that he believes the DSi won't be enough to entice users beyond Ninty's '12 year-old male' demographic. Ouch.
"I can see the DSi being successful," the big cheese conceded. "The DS lite was obviously very successful. Will DSi do well with [the DS’s] demographic? It probably will. Will it be a product that expands their user base [beyond] under 12? I’m not sure."
He added, however, that the new handheld will inevitably sell well, even if there are question marks over whether it is 'enough'. Your thoughts, players?
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter