Fils-Aime says Wii Music isn't too easy
Chatting with website VentureBeat at Nintendo's US Media Summit, regional chief Reggie Fils-Aime played down talk of Wii Music being a simplistic undertaking that won't challenge hardcore gamers.
"What’s powerful in Wii Music is this juxtaposition of something that looks so simple but is wonderfully difficult to master," the big cheese offered.
"We may have done that title an injustice at E3 by showing something that looked so easy. We made it appear too simple. Now we’re showing the tremendous variety of instruments and tones and how challenging it is to make music that sounds good."
He added that Ninty are expecting very large sales from the game. "We don’t publicly talk about sales targets but our expectation is it will be one of our top sellers."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like