DSi not about iPhone - Iwata
Nintendo boss, Satoru Iwata, has told Nikkei Net that the features of the new DSi are not a reaction to the success of the iPhone.
"We wanted users to have the device on them at all times," Iwata commented.
"By downloading subway maps and other things, for instance, the DSi can be useful for applications other than playing games. We wanted to create an offering that would fit naturally into people's everyday lives."
With the additional functionality of the DSi, it is perhaps easy to understand why comparisons have been made with the iPhone. With the convergence of useful applications and games on a single handheld device, the question remains whether there will be one gadget to rule them all.
Iwata also revealed that the hardware would 'probably' launch in the US and Europe in 2009.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey