DSi not about iPhone - Iwata
Nintendo boss, Satoru Iwata, has told Nikkei Net that the features of the new DSi are not a reaction to the success of the iPhone.
"We wanted users to have the device on them at all times," Iwata commented.
"By downloading subway maps and other things, for instance, the DSi can be useful for applications other than playing games. We wanted to create an offering that would fit naturally into people's everyday lives."
With the additional functionality of the DSi, it is perhaps easy to understand why comparisons have been made with the iPhone. With the convergence of useful applications and games on a single handheld device, the question remains whether there will be one gadget to rule them all.
Iwata also revealed that the hardware would 'probably' launch in the US and Europe in 2009.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light