LittleBigPlanet could go first-person
Mark Healey, founder of LBP makers Media Molecule, has told Eurogamer TV that the studio could opt to make a first-person version of LittleBigPlanet in the future.
The first PS3 version is due out later this month, and a PSP version has already been hinted at, Healey suggesting that the predominantly 2D gameplay could work within a different style of game because of the full 3D level creation tools.
"[It would] be great to make first-person games using similar tools, all from the same universe," the game maker teased, affirming: "I don't want to say too much, because we've got some very exciting ideas with that stuff."
Healey added that he would hope to see the LBP concept "expanded and mutated in many different ways. We've got bucketfuls of ideas of how to expand it, so if we can keep it pumped with blood and people still into it then I can see it going all sorts of directions."
More LBP next week, hint hint.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer