LittleBigPlanet could go first-person
Mark Healey, founder of LBP makers Media Molecule, has told Eurogamer TV that the studio could opt to make a first-person version of LittleBigPlanet in the future.
The first PS3 version is due out later this month, and a PSP version has already been hinted at, Healey suggesting that the predominantly 2D gameplay could work within a different style of game because of the full 3D level creation tools.
"[It would] be great to make first-person games using similar tools, all from the same universe," the game maker teased, affirming: "I don't want to say too much, because we've got some very exciting ideas with that stuff."
Healey added that he would hope to see the LBP concept "expanded and mutated in many different ways. We've got bucketfuls of ideas of how to expand it, so if we can keep it pumped with blood and people still into it then I can see it going all sorts of directions."
More LBP next week, hint hint.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto