LittleBigPlanet could go first-person
Mark Healey, founder of LBP makers Media Molecule, has told Eurogamer TV that the studio could opt to make a first-person version of LittleBigPlanet in the future.
The first PS3 version is due out later this month, and a PSP version has already been hinted at, Healey suggesting that the predominantly 2D gameplay could work within a different style of game because of the full 3D level creation tools.
"[It would] be great to make first-person games using similar tools, all from the same universe," the game maker teased, affirming: "I don't want to say too much, because we've got some very exciting ideas with that stuff."
Healey added that he would hope to see the LBP concept "expanded and mutated in many different ways. We've got bucketfuls of ideas of how to expand it, so if we can keep it pumped with blood and people still into it then I can see it going all sorts of directions."
More LBP next week, hint hint.
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC