LittleBigPlanet could go first-person
Mark Healey, founder of LBP makers Media Molecule, has told Eurogamer TV that the studio could opt to make a first-person version of LittleBigPlanet in the future.
The first PS3 version is due out later this month, and a PSP version has already been hinted at, Healey suggesting that the predominantly 2D gameplay could work within a different style of game because of the full 3D level creation tools.
"[It would] be great to make first-person games using similar tools, all from the same universe," the game maker teased, affirming: "I don't want to say too much, because we've got some very exciting ideas with that stuff."
Healey added that he would hope to see the LBP concept "expanded and mutated in many different ways. We've got bucketfuls of ideas of how to expand it, so if we can keep it pumped with blood and people still into it then I can see it going all sorts of directions."
More LBP next week, hint hint.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015