LittleBigPlanet could go first-person
Mark Healey, founder of LBP makers Media Molecule, has told Eurogamer TV that the studio could opt to make a first-person version of LittleBigPlanet in the future.
The first PS3 version is due out later this month, and a PSP version has already been hinted at, Healey suggesting that the predominantly 2D gameplay could work within a different style of game because of the full 3D level creation tools.
"[It would] be great to make first-person games using similar tools, all from the same universe," the game maker teased, affirming: "I don't want to say too much, because we've got some very exciting ideas with that stuff."
Healey added that he would hope to see the LBP concept "expanded and mutated in many different ways. We've got bucketfuls of ideas of how to expand it, so if we can keep it pumped with blood and people still into it then I can see it going all sorts of directions."
More LBP next week, hint hint.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III