DSi won't hit US until after April 2009
Speaking with G4, Nintendo big wig Reggie Fils-Aime has said that US consumers will have to wait until after the firm's current financial year, to get their hands on the new DSi handheld.
A US release after April 2009 would see the platform's North American debut slipping into alignment with Nintendo's already stated ambition to release the handheld in Europe next spring.
"Really, for us, it’s going to be in our next fiscal: so that’s after April. That’s a long time to wait for a consumer who will be bypassing great titles like Chrono Trigger and the new Pokemon title. We think, actually, that most consumers are going to opt to jump into DS now, enjoy all of the great games, and then at some future point upgrade to the DSi," the US big wig offered.
We'll keep you posted on this.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release