DSi won't hit US until after April 2009
Speaking with G4, Nintendo big wig Reggie Fils-Aime has said that US consumers will have to wait until after the firm's current financial year, to get their hands on the new DSi handheld.
A US release after April 2009 would see the platform's North American debut slipping into alignment with Nintendo's already stated ambition to release the handheld in Europe next spring.
"Really, for us, it’s going to be in our next fiscal: so that’s after April. That’s a long time to wait for a consumer who will be bypassing great titles like Chrono Trigger and the new Pokemon title. We think, actually, that most consumers are going to opt to jump into DS now, enjoy all of the great games, and then at some future point upgrade to the DSi," the US big wig offered.
We'll keep you posted on this.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side