DSi won't hit US until after April 2009
Speaking with G4, Nintendo big wig Reggie Fils-Aime has said that US consumers will have to wait until after the firm's current financial year, to get their hands on the new DSi handheld.
A US release after April 2009 would see the platform's North American debut slipping into alignment with Nintendo's already stated ambition to release the handheld in Europe next spring.
"Really, for us, it’s going to be in our next fiscal: so that’s after April. That’s a long time to wait for a consumer who will be bypassing great titles like Chrono Trigger and the new Pokemon title. We think, actually, that most consumers are going to opt to jump into DS now, enjoy all of the great games, and then at some future point upgrade to the DSi," the US big wig offered.
We'll keep you posted on this.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3