DSi won't hit US until after April 2009
Speaking with G4, Nintendo big wig Reggie Fils-Aime has said that US consumers will have to wait until after the firm's current financial year, to get their hands on the new DSi handheld.
A US release after April 2009 would see the platform's North American debut slipping into alignment with Nintendo's already stated ambition to release the handheld in Europe next spring.
"Really, for us, it’s going to be in our next fiscal: so that’s after April. That’s a long time to wait for a consumer who will be bypassing great titles like Chrono Trigger and the new Pokemon title. We think, actually, that most consumers are going to opt to jump into DS now, enjoy all of the great games, and then at some future point upgrade to the DSi," the US big wig offered.
We'll keep you posted on this.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year