DSi won't hit US until after April 2009
Speaking with G4, Nintendo big wig Reggie Fils-Aime has said that US consumers will have to wait until after the firm's current financial year, to get their hands on the new DSi handheld.
A US release after April 2009 would see the platform's North American debut slipping into alignment with Nintendo's already stated ambition to release the handheld in Europe next spring.
"Really, for us, it’s going to be in our next fiscal: so that’s after April. That’s a long time to wait for a consumer who will be bypassing great titles like Chrono Trigger and the new Pokemon title. We think, actually, that most consumers are going to opt to jump into DS now, enjoy all of the great games, and then at some future point upgrade to the DSi," the US big wig offered.
We'll keep you posted on this.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May