Take-Two go it alone
The creators of the hugely successful Grand Theft Auto series, Take-Two Interactive Software, plan to remain an independent company according to Reuters.
The decision has been made following in-depth discussions with "various interested parties" (most notably EA) over the last five months.
"Take-Two's Board of Directors has determined that it is in the best interests of stockholders to conclude its review of strategic alternatives and to continue operating and building Take-Two as an independent company," the company stated.
This strategic review of the company comes shortly after Electronic Arts pulled its unsolicited 2 billion USD bid for the publisher behind the blockbuster game franchise.
The two companies were unable to agree on a price.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto