Take-Two go it alone
The creators of the hugely successful Grand Theft Auto series, Take-Two Interactive Software, plan to remain an independent company according to Reuters.
The decision has been made following in-depth discussions with "various interested parties" (most notably EA) over the last five months.
"Take-Two's Board of Directors has determined that it is in the best interests of stockholders to conclude its review of strategic alternatives and to continue operating and building Take-Two as an independent company," the company stated.
This strategic review of the company comes shortly after Electronic Arts pulled its unsolicited 2 billion USD bid for the publisher behind the blockbuster game franchise.
The two companies were unable to agree on a price.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3