Take-Two go it alone
The creators of the hugely successful Grand Theft Auto series, Take-Two Interactive Software, plan to remain an independent company according to Reuters.
The decision has been made following in-depth discussions with "various interested parties" (most notably EA) over the last five months.
"Take-Two's Board of Directors has determined that it is in the best interests of stockholders to conclude its review of strategic alternatives and to continue operating and building Take-Two as an independent company," the company stated.
This strategic review of the company comes shortly after Electronic Arts pulled its unsolicited 2 billion USD bid for the publisher behind the blockbuster game franchise.
The two companies were unable to agree on a price.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat