Take-Two go it alone
The creators of the hugely successful Grand Theft Auto series, Take-Two Interactive Software, plan to remain an independent company according to Reuters.
The decision has been made following in-depth discussions with "various interested parties" (most notably EA) over the last five months.
"Take-Two's Board of Directors has determined that it is in the best interests of stockholders to conclude its review of strategic alternatives and to continue operating and building Take-Two as an independent company," the company stated.
This strategic review of the company comes shortly after Electronic Arts pulled its unsolicited 2 billion USD bid for the publisher behind the blockbuster game franchise.
The two companies were unable to agree on a price.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone