Take-Two go it alone
The creators of the hugely successful Grand Theft Auto series, Take-Two Interactive Software, plan to remain an independent company according to Reuters.
The decision has been made following in-depth discussions with "various interested parties" (most notably EA) over the last five months.
"Take-Two's Board of Directors has determined that it is in the best interests of stockholders to conclude its review of strategic alternatives and to continue operating and building Take-Two as an independent company," the company stated.
This strategic review of the company comes shortly after Electronic Arts pulled its unsolicited 2 billion USD bid for the publisher behind the blockbuster game franchise.
The two companies were unable to agree on a price.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light