Final Fantasy VII sequel?
Eurogamer.net are today quoting a rather interesting report which surfaced on The Magic Box, which claims to confirm that some form of sequel to Square's Final Fantasy VII (arguably the most celebrated title in the illustrious series) is being created at this very moment. We're not necessarily talking about a new game here however, rather a DVD movie which picks-up where the original game concluded - though there seems to be some ambiguity over this point.
SquareEnix will apparently release Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children next year in Japan, with both Cloud and Sephiroth making a return in a world that has once again fallen to the evils of corruption. Hopefully we'll be able to clarify whether this be game or movie soon, as well as discovering if and when we're likely to get our hands on it in Europe. Something official from SquareEnix would be lovely at this point. Anyone?
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer