Final Fantasy VII sequel?
Eurogamer.net are today quoting a rather interesting report which surfaced on The Magic Box, which claims to confirm that some form of sequel to Square's Final Fantasy VII (arguably the most celebrated title in the illustrious series) is being created at this very moment. We're not necessarily talking about a new game here however, rather a DVD movie which picks-up where the original game concluded - though there seems to be some ambiguity over this point.
SquareEnix will apparently release Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children next year in Japan, with both Cloud and Sephiroth making a return in a world that has once again fallen to the evils of corruption. Hopefully we'll be able to clarify whether this be game or movie soon, as well as discovering if and when we're likely to get our hands on it in Europe. Something official from SquareEnix would be lovely at this point. Anyone?
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year