Rockstar Toronto working on Max Payne 3?
File this tittle-tattle firmly under "please let it be true", as we catch wind this morning of news suggesting a third Max Payne game is in the works at Rockstar's Toronto development studio.
Xbox 360 World publish this spicy slice of gossip (thanks VG247), and this speculation echoes similar news from EGM magazine.
The shooter was originally being crafted by series creators Remedy, apparently, but has been moved over to Canada as those developers are too tied-up on Alan Wake.
Speculation has been rife that Rockstar are plotting a new game ever since Mark Wahlberg's new film based on the IP stepped into the limelight. A case of 'when', rather than 'if', it would seem.
Hopefully we'll get proper news on this soon.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto