Rockstar Toronto working on Max Payne 3?
File this tittle-tattle firmly under "please let it be true", as we catch wind this morning of news suggesting a third Max Payne game is in the works at Rockstar's Toronto development studio.
Xbox 360 World publish this spicy slice of gossip (thanks VG247), and this speculation echoes similar news from EGM magazine.
The shooter was originally being crafted by series creators Remedy, apparently, but has been moved over to Canada as those developers are too tied-up on Alan Wake.
Speculation has been rife that Rockstar are plotting a new game ever since Mark Wahlberg's new film based on the IP stepped into the limelight. A case of 'when', rather than 'if', it would seem.
Hopefully we'll get proper news on this soon.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title