Rockstar Toronto working on Max Payne 3?
File this tittle-tattle firmly under "please let it be true", as we catch wind this morning of news suggesting a third Max Payne game is in the works at Rockstar's Toronto development studio.
Xbox 360 World publish this spicy slice of gossip (thanks VG247), and this speculation echoes similar news from EGM magazine.
The shooter was originally being crafted by series creators Remedy, apparently, but has been moved over to Canada as those developers are too tied-up on Alan Wake.
Speculation has been rife that Rockstar are plotting a new game ever since Mark Wahlberg's new film based on the IP stepped into the limelight. A case of 'when', rather than 'if', it would seem.
Hopefully we'll get proper news on this soon.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine