EA axe Tiberium shooter
Rumours abound this morning (via Kotaku), that Electronic Arts have pulled the plug from their second stab at a Command & Conquer shooter, reports indicating that the new action game 'Tiberium' just wasn't deemed good enough.
Word on the new action game had been quiet for some time, Mariam Sughayer telling the blog that work on the project has been suspended "immediately".
She added: "The game was not on track to meet the high quality standards set by the team and by the EA Games Label. A lower quality game is not in the best interest of the consumers and would not succeed in this market.
"This decision will result in some individuals being released. However, EA will make every effort to place talented people on other projects. Eligible employees will receive severance and outplacement support."
A very honest explanation there. What are your thoughts on the demise of this C&C shooter, players?
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online