EA axe Tiberium shooter
Rumours abound this morning (via Kotaku), that Electronic Arts have pulled the plug from their second stab at a Command & Conquer shooter, reports indicating that the new action game 'Tiberium' just wasn't deemed good enough.
Word on the new action game had been quiet for some time, Mariam Sughayer telling the blog that work on the project has been suspended "immediately".
She added: "The game was not on track to meet the high quality standards set by the team and by the EA Games Label. A lower quality game is not in the best interest of the consumers and would not succeed in this market.
"This decision will result in some individuals being released. However, EA will make every effort to place talented people on other projects. Eligible employees will receive severance and outplacement support."
A very honest explanation there. What are your thoughts on the demise of this C&C shooter, players?
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today