EA axe Tiberium shooter
Rumours abound this morning (via Kotaku), that Electronic Arts have pulled the plug from their second stab at a Command & Conquer shooter, reports indicating that the new action game 'Tiberium' just wasn't deemed good enough.
Word on the new action game had been quiet for some time, Mariam Sughayer telling the blog that work on the project has been suspended "immediately".
She added: "The game was not on track to meet the high quality standards set by the team and by the EA Games Label. A lower quality game is not in the best interest of the consumers and would not succeed in this market.
"This decision will result in some individuals being released. However, EA will make every effort to place talented people on other projects. Eligible employees will receive severance and outplacement support."
A very honest explanation there. What are your thoughts on the demise of this C&C shooter, players?
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date