EA axe Tiberium shooter
Rumours abound this morning (via Kotaku), that Electronic Arts have pulled the plug from their second stab at a Command & Conquer shooter, reports indicating that the new action game 'Tiberium' just wasn't deemed good enough.
Word on the new action game had been quiet for some time, Mariam Sughayer telling the blog that work on the project has been suspended "immediately".
She added: "The game was not on track to meet the high quality standards set by the team and by the EA Games Label. A lower quality game is not in the best interest of the consumers and would not succeed in this market.
"This decision will result in some individuals being released. However, EA will make every effort to place talented people on other projects. Eligible employees will receive severance and outplacement support."
A very honest explanation there. What are your thoughts on the demise of this C&C shooter, players?
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015