Blade Runner director inspired Fable 2
With the impending release of Fable 2, Lionhead technical art director Ian Lovett has revealed that Ridley Scott has been an influence upon the more sophisticated look of their latest offering.
Speaking to Eurogamer, Lovett describes the game's initial direction: "What we decided was that we wanted Fable 2 to be like Fable, but done by Ridley Scott. That was our mission statement."
Lovett also revealed that this description of how the game should look was key to selling the idea to Microsoft.
"They (Microsoft) understand that this means that we wanted to mature the franchise a little bit. Not losing its charm, but basically trying to grow it up ever so slightly," he explained.
No doubt the new style of Fable 2 was a key factor when deciding to develop a brand new game engine, especially with the leap from Xbox to the 360. However, whether it means Harrison Ford and Rutger Hauer will be doing battle in the leafy villages of the game, remains to be seen...
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto