Molyneux hopes for day one Fable 2 co-op patch
The internet may have gone a little haywire amid word from Lionhead that online co-op play will be omitted from Fable 2 out of the box, but big cheese Peter Molyneux reveals today that he does hope to see the feature arrive via a day one patch.
"It is a very usual thing with anything to do with co-op and it relies upon the Live service," he enthused, speaking to VG247. "It gives us a tiny bit more time to polish it and make sure it’s working right. Anything to do with Live is much more complex than single-player, so out ambition is to get it out on day one release patch.
"Now, I can’t absolutely confirm that at the moment. It’s all going well. It’s looking like it should be spot on for that. It is down to a few minor little things, and we’re pretty close."
Fingers crossed for day one then, Fablers. The new RPG is out next month.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO