Molyneux hopes for day one Fable 2 co-op patch
The internet may have gone a little haywire amid word from Lionhead that online co-op play will be omitted from Fable 2 out of the box, but big cheese Peter Molyneux reveals today that he does hope to see the feature arrive via a day one patch.
"It is a very usual thing with anything to do with co-op and it relies upon the Live service," he enthused, speaking to VG247. "It gives us a tiny bit more time to polish it and make sure it’s working right. Anything to do with Live is much more complex than single-player, so out ambition is to get it out on day one release patch.
"Now, I can’t absolutely confirm that at the moment. It’s all going well. It’s looking like it should be spot on for that. It is down to a few minor little things, and we’re pretty close."
Fingers crossed for day one then, Fablers. The new RPG is out next month.
- Elite devs Frontier lays off staff and effectively closes their Canadian studio
- Monstrum system specs announced
- Ever wonder what a week's worth of internet abuse looks like for Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian?
- The Witness's puzzles are finished but there is still plenty of work to be done on the game
- Dragon's Dogma Online announced for release in Japan
- Life Is Strange episodes will release six weeks apart
- Reptile is returning in Mortal Kombat X
- New Xbox One Controller firmware update will cut the connection time in half
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week