Molyneux hopes for day one Fable 2 co-op patch
The internet may have gone a little haywire amid word from Lionhead that online co-op play will be omitted from Fable 2 out of the box, but big cheese Peter Molyneux reveals today that he does hope to see the feature arrive via a day one patch.
"It is a very usual thing with anything to do with co-op and it relies upon the Live service," he enthused, speaking to VG247. "It gives us a tiny bit more time to polish it and make sure it’s working right. Anything to do with Live is much more complex than single-player, so out ambition is to get it out on day one release patch.
"Now, I can’t absolutely confirm that at the moment. It’s all going well. It’s looking like it should be spot on for that. It is down to a few minor little things, and we’re pretty close."
Fingers crossed for day one then, Fablers. The new RPG is out next month.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year