Far Cry 2 man sees dynamic future
Speaking to this website, Far Cry 2's narrative designer Patrick Redding has said that Far Cry 2 is ahead of the curve - and that more dynamic and procedurally-created videogames will be released in the future.
Far Cry 2 uses multiple systems to bring to life Ubisoft Montreal's vision of the African Savannah, over-run with conflict between warring factions.
"I'd say that I believe very strongly that games are now on a path to becoming much more procedural and much more systemic," Redding offered.
He continued: "What we also want to do is harness the other power of computers - the ability to assemble things dynamically (rather by scripting sequences). At that point we need to do that... but elevate the level of quality and polish.
"We can keep adding systems. Its very easy in fact, but I think games like Far Cry 2 - games that follow that style, that are very open and systems driven, they're going to need to find that sweet spot between being very polished and being systems driven."
Far Cry 2 is out next month. Learn more in our full interview.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey