Saints Row 3 already in development
Speaking with this website, Volition's associate producer Dan Sutton has revealed that while the studio are stilling finishing up Saints Row 2 ahead of an October launch, that the developer are already beginning work on Saints Row 3.
Talking about the narrative of the new sandbox action game, he revealed that Saints Row 3 will take a very different direction, and that SR2 is likely to wrap-up most of the loose-ends left over from the original game's plot.
Sutton reveals that "in SR2 we tie-up a lot of loose ends. I think we tie it up deliberately. We've already started work on Saints Row 3, and we have a new direction we want to go in with that which we of course can't talk about. We wrap up a lot in this one. There's no frustration."
More in the full chin-wag.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3