Volition: GTA IV cost "a lot"
Speaking at a hands-on event in honour of new sandbox action title Saints Row 2, Volition producer Dan Sutton has told us that his team were taken aback by the 100 million USD production cost being banded-around in association with Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV.
"Actually, we're not in the ludicrous! When we heard that number too we were surprised, you know, we thought 'wow, that is a lot', and when we looked out our game we felt we could compete," he told us when asked if his new title benefitted from a similarly lavish budget.
Sutton added: "Now, I don't know if we release budget numbers, I can't tell you what it is, but its definitely drastically less. Its crazy when you have two programmers and they have nine or 10. Our programmers were like, 'wow, we're good'. Its the way things are going, that's for sure."
More on all things Saints Row 2 in our new interview.
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes