Volition: GTA IV cost "a lot"
Speaking at a hands-on event in honour of new sandbox action title Saints Row 2, Volition producer Dan Sutton has told us that his team were taken aback by the 100 million USD production cost being banded-around in association with Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto IV.
"Actually, we're not in the ludicrous! When we heard that number too we were surprised, you know, we thought 'wow, that is a lot', and when we looked out our game we felt we could compete," he told us when asked if his new title benefitted from a similarly lavish budget.
Sutton added: "Now, I don't know if we release budget numbers, I can't tell you what it is, but its definitely drastically less. Its crazy when you have two programmers and they have nine or 10. Our programmers were like, 'wow, we're good'. Its the way things are going, that's for sure."
More on all things Saints Row 2 in our new interview.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO