Fable 2 shipping sans online co-op
Microsoft and Lionhead have this week conceded that new RPG Fable 2 will need to ship without online co-operative play, because the developer are struggling to implement the mode prior to launch.
While internet forums are unlikely to react well to this high-profile omission, we're told not to panic, because the developer will re-add the feature via a post-launch update.
"We just got word that while we will be able to play the single-player and local co-op on day one, they are still making tweaks to the online co-op," read a post on Microsoft's Gamerscoreblog.
We're promised the patch within a week of the game's US launch, so it could be out by the time the role-player hits Europe anyway.
Drop-in, drop-out co-op is one of the key features of Lionhead's opus. The game is out in the US on October 21st, and on the 24th in Europe.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine