Fable 2 shipping sans online co-op
Microsoft and Lionhead have this week conceded that new RPG Fable 2 will need to ship without online co-operative play, because the developer are struggling to implement the mode prior to launch.
While internet forums are unlikely to react well to this high-profile omission, we're told not to panic, because the developer will re-add the feature via a post-launch update.
"We just got word that while we will be able to play the single-player and local co-op on day one, they are still making tweaks to the online co-op," read a post on Microsoft's Gamerscoreblog.
We're promised the patch within a week of the game's US launch, so it could be out by the time the role-player hits Europe anyway.
Drop-in, drop-out co-op is one of the key features of Lionhead's opus. The game is out in the US on October 21st, and on the 24th in Europe.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date