Fable 2 shipping sans online co-op
Microsoft and Lionhead have this week conceded that new RPG Fable 2 will need to ship without online co-operative play, because the developer are struggling to implement the mode prior to launch.
While internet forums are unlikely to react well to this high-profile omission, we're told not to panic, because the developer will re-add the feature via a post-launch update.
"We just got word that while we will be able to play the single-player and local co-op on day one, they are still making tweaks to the online co-op," read a post on Microsoft's Gamerscoreblog.
We're promised the patch within a week of the game's US launch, so it could be out by the time the role-player hits Europe anyway.
Drop-in, drop-out co-op is one of the key features of Lionhead's opus. The game is out in the US on October 21st, and on the 24th in Europe.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree