Fable 2 shipping sans online co-op
Microsoft and Lionhead have this week conceded that new RPG Fable 2 will need to ship without online co-operative play, because the developer are struggling to implement the mode prior to launch.
While internet forums are unlikely to react well to this high-profile omission, we're told not to panic, because the developer will re-add the feature via a post-launch update.
"We just got word that while we will be able to play the single-player and local co-op on day one, they are still making tweaks to the online co-op," read a post on Microsoft's Gamerscoreblog.
We're promised the patch within a week of the game's US launch, so it could be out by the time the role-player hits Europe anyway.
Drop-in, drop-out co-op is one of the key features of Lionhead's opus. The game is out in the US on October 21st, and on the 24th in Europe.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015