Fable 2 shipping sans online co-op
Microsoft and Lionhead have this week conceded that new RPG Fable 2 will need to ship without online co-operative play, because the developer are struggling to implement the mode prior to launch.
While internet forums are unlikely to react well to this high-profile omission, we're told not to panic, because the developer will re-add the feature via a post-launch update.
"We just got word that while we will be able to play the single-player and local co-op on day one, they are still making tweaks to the online co-op," read a post on Microsoft's Gamerscoreblog.
We're promised the patch within a week of the game's US launch, so it could be out by the time the role-player hits Europe anyway.
Drop-in, drop-out co-op is one of the key features of Lionhead's opus. The game is out in the US on October 21st, and on the 24th in Europe.
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release
- Final piece of Dark Souls II Season Pass DLC arrives on PC and Xbox 360
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam