I-Ninja for early 2004
A brand new spot of news from Sony Computer Entertainment of Europe today, reliably informs us that the Argonaut developed I-Ninja will be out exclusively on the PS2 in Q1 2004, as part of a new deal with Namco. "Ninja" is more than a fighting style however - he's a new hero, out to save his world (sounds kind of familiar...) and must master all manner of oriental weapons and skills to succeed.
If this introduction to the game's premise amused you with it's predictability, then this will have you rolling in the aisles: Ninja must follow the instructions of his master "Sensei" to recover lost Rage Stones and free inhabitants imprisoned by Master O-Dor's evil army of robotic Ranx. I have to say that despite the somewhat wearying plotline, I-Ninja does still sound like an attractive title, and must certainly have caught Sony's eye for them to tie it up with an exclusivity deal.
Here's the final slice of official information on this new game: Players follow Ninja on his journey as he fights fearsome enemies, overcomes obstacles and fights mini bosses to gain new ninja belts. Packed with high flying action, Ninja runs on walls, grinds rails, gets airborne with a "sword-copter" spin, swings from chains, throws explosives and utilizes his manga style ninja moves to rid the land of evil and hunt down his nemesis, the evil Master O-Dor.
Argonaut Games, a UK-listed PLC will also be hoping that I-Ninja will mark a return to form for the struggling company which has been hit by rather more than it's fair share of set-backs lately. Best of luck to them.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year