Bungie bemoan second-hand sales
Talking to UK site GI.biz this week, Bungie audio director Marty O'Donnell has revealed his belief that second-hand sales really hurt Bungie's bottom line when it comes to the Halo series, the game maker stating that developers and publisher should really get a cut of the pre-owned market.
"It’s hard to gauge the effect of used game sales on Halo, but I’m sure it’s big," O’Donnell explained.
"Complaining about sales when you have a multi-million seller is somewhat difficult to justify, but it seems to me that the folks who create and publish a game shouldn’t stop receiving income from further sales."
He believes that second-hand sales could harm smaller game releases even more, and urged that a system for re-selling games to be found.
Does O'Donnell have a point, players?
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO