Bungie bemoan second-hand sales
Talking to UK site GI.biz this week, Bungie audio director Marty O'Donnell has revealed his belief that second-hand sales really hurt Bungie's bottom line when it comes to the Halo series, the game maker stating that developers and publisher should really get a cut of the pre-owned market.
"It’s hard to gauge the effect of used game sales on Halo, but I’m sure it’s big," O’Donnell explained.
"Complaining about sales when you have a multi-million seller is somewhat difficult to justify, but it seems to me that the folks who create and publish a game shouldn’t stop receiving income from further sales."
He believes that second-hand sales could harm smaller game releases even more, and urged that a system for re-selling games to be found.
Does O'Donnell have a point, players?
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015