Bungie bemoan second-hand sales
Talking to UK site GI.biz this week, Bungie audio director Marty O'Donnell has revealed his belief that second-hand sales really hurt Bungie's bottom line when it comes to the Halo series, the game maker stating that developers and publisher should really get a cut of the pre-owned market.
"It’s hard to gauge the effect of used game sales on Halo, but I’m sure it’s big," O’Donnell explained.
"Complaining about sales when you have a multi-million seller is somewhat difficult to justify, but it seems to me that the folks who create and publish a game shouldn’t stop receiving income from further sales."
He believes that second-hand sales could harm smaller game releases even more, and urged that a system for re-selling games to be found.
Does O'Donnell have a point, players?
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed