Bungie bemoan second-hand sales
Talking to UK site GI.biz this week, Bungie audio director Marty O'Donnell has revealed his belief that second-hand sales really hurt Bungie's bottom line when it comes to the Halo series, the game maker stating that developers and publisher should really get a cut of the pre-owned market.
"It’s hard to gauge the effect of used game sales on Halo, but I’m sure it’s big," O’Donnell explained.
"Complaining about sales when you have a multi-million seller is somewhat difficult to justify, but it seems to me that the folks who create and publish a game shouldn’t stop receiving income from further sales."
He believes that second-hand sales could harm smaller game releases even more, and urged that a system for re-selling games to be found.
Does O'Donnell have a point, players?
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light