Jack Thompson could be disbarred
Reports online today reveal that outspoken anti-videogaming lawyer Jack Thompson could be disbarred within the next 30 days, pending an appeal from the controversial fire-brand legal eagle.
A US court upheld a previous ruling by Judge Dava Tunis, meaning that Thompson could be permanently prevented from practicing law.
Thompson has already filed an emergency motion in an attempt to block the proceedings going through, but he is presently unable to accept new clients and theoretically has thirty days to wind-up his operations.
This news is likely to be music to the ears of game publishers like Take-Two, who have been on the receiving end of countless Thompson suits in the past; the lawyer crusading against adult games like Grand Theft Auto, which he blames for violent crimes.
More on this as we get it.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date