Jack Thompson could be disbarred
Reports online today reveal that outspoken anti-videogaming lawyer Jack Thompson could be disbarred within the next 30 days, pending an appeal from the controversial fire-brand legal eagle.
A US court upheld a previous ruling by Judge Dava Tunis, meaning that Thompson could be permanently prevented from practicing law.
Thompson has already filed an emergency motion in an attempt to block the proceedings going through, but he is presently unable to accept new clients and theoretically has thirty days to wind-up his operations.
This news is likely to be music to the ears of game publishers like Take-Two, who have been on the receiving end of countless Thompson suits in the past; the lawyer crusading against adult games like Grand Theft Auto, which he blames for violent crimes.
More on this as we get it.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat