Jack Thompson could be disbarred
Reports online today reveal that outspoken anti-videogaming lawyer Jack Thompson could be disbarred within the next 30 days, pending an appeal from the controversial fire-brand legal eagle.
A US court upheld a previous ruling by Judge Dava Tunis, meaning that Thompson could be permanently prevented from practicing law.
Thompson has already filed an emergency motion in an attempt to block the proceedings going through, but he is presently unable to accept new clients and theoretically has thirty days to wind-up his operations.
This news is likely to be music to the ears of game publishers like Take-Two, who have been on the receiving end of countless Thompson suits in the past; the lawyer crusading against adult games like Grand Theft Auto, which he blames for violent crimes.
More on this as we get it.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny