Jack Thompson could be disbarred
Reports online today reveal that outspoken anti-videogaming lawyer Jack Thompson could be disbarred within the next 30 days, pending an appeal from the controversial fire-brand legal eagle.
A US court upheld a previous ruling by Judge Dava Tunis, meaning that Thompson could be permanently prevented from practicing law.
Thompson has already filed an emergency motion in an attempt to block the proceedings going through, but he is presently unable to accept new clients and theoretically has thirty days to wind-up his operations.
This news is likely to be music to the ears of game publishers like Take-Two, who have been on the receiving end of countless Thompson suits in the past; the lawyer crusading against adult games like Grand Theft Auto, which he blames for violent crimes.
More on this as we get it.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey