Jack Thompson could be disbarred
Reports online today reveal that outspoken anti-videogaming lawyer Jack Thompson could be disbarred within the next 30 days, pending an appeal from the controversial fire-brand legal eagle.
A US court upheld a previous ruling by Judge Dava Tunis, meaning that Thompson could be permanently prevented from practicing law.
Thompson has already filed an emergency motion in an attempt to block the proceedings going through, but he is presently unable to accept new clients and theoretically has thirty days to wind-up his operations.
This news is likely to be music to the ears of game publishers like Take-Two, who have been on the receiving end of countless Thompson suits in the past; the lawyer crusading against adult games like Grand Theft Auto, which he blames for violent crimes.
More on this as we get it.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto