Visceral: Building Battlefield: Hardline's multiplayer has been a challenge
Visceral's Ian Milham has been talking about the ins and outs of building their first Battlefield game.
Milham is the creative director on Battlefield: Hardline and he believes that while building competitive multiplayer for the first time has been a challenge it has also been a lot of fun.
“The single-player is something that’s very near and dear to our heart and we’re doing a great single-player, but we’re doing the multiplayer too,” Milham said. ”So that’s been a big learning curve. Part of what we did there is we helped out on Battlefield 3 and 4 a little-bit to get those skills going.”
He went on, ”We’ve added a bunch of people to the studio that have a lot of experience on multiplayer that some of the people have heard of for sure. Nothing to do, but keep making it, iterating and seeing how it’s going. It’s been a challenge, but a really fun one.”
Battlefield: Hardline is due out on the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 21st in North America and October the 24th in Europe and the UK. You can find out more about the multiplayer by reading our beta impressions.
- Stealth Inc 2 is coming to PC, PlayStation and Xbox
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive