Visceral: Building Battlefield: Hardline's multiplayer has been a challenge
Visceral's Ian Milham has been talking about the ins and outs of building their first Battlefield game.
Milham is the creative director on Battlefield: Hardline and he believes that while building competitive multiplayer for the first time has been a challenge it has also been a lot of fun.
“The single-player is something that’s very near and dear to our heart and we’re doing a great single-player, but we’re doing the multiplayer too,” Milham said. ”So that’s been a big learning curve. Part of what we did there is we helped out on Battlefield 3 and 4 a little-bit to get those skills going.”
He went on, ”We’ve added a bunch of people to the studio that have a lot of experience on multiplayer that some of the people have heard of for sure. Nothing to do, but keep making it, iterating and seeing how it’s going. It’s been a challenge, but a really fun one.”
Battlefield: Hardline is due out on the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 21st in North America and October the 24th in Europe and the UK. You can find out more about the multiplayer by reading our beta impressions.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date