Visceral: Building Battlefield: Hardline's multiplayer has been a challenge
Visceral's Ian Milham has been talking about the ins and outs of building their first Battlefield game.
Milham is the creative director on Battlefield: Hardline and he believes that while building competitive multiplayer for the first time has been a challenge it has also been a lot of fun.
“The single-player is something that’s very near and dear to our heart and we’re doing a great single-player, but we’re doing the multiplayer too,” Milham said. ”So that’s been a big learning curve. Part of what we did there is we helped out on Battlefield 3 and 4 a little-bit to get those skills going.”
He went on, ”We’ve added a bunch of people to the studio that have a lot of experience on multiplayer that some of the people have heard of for sure. Nothing to do, but keep making it, iterating and seeing how it’s going. It’s been a challenge, but a really fun one.”
Battlefield: Hardline is due out on the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 21st in North America and October the 24th in Europe and the UK. You can find out more about the multiplayer by reading our beta impressions.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released