Visceral: Building Battlefield: Hardline's multiplayer has been a challenge
Visceral's Ian Milham has been talking about the ins and outs of building their first Battlefield game.
Milham is the creative director on Battlefield: Hardline and he believes that while building competitive multiplayer for the first time has been a challenge it has also been a lot of fun.
“The single-player is something that’s very near and dear to our heart and we’re doing a great single-player, but we’re doing the multiplayer too,” Milham said. ”So that’s been a big learning curve. Part of what we did there is we helped out on Battlefield 3 and 4 a little-bit to get those skills going.”
He went on, ”We’ve added a bunch of people to the studio that have a lot of experience on multiplayer that some of the people have heard of for sure. Nothing to do, but keep making it, iterating and seeing how it’s going. It’s been a challenge, but a really fun one.”
Battlefield: Hardline is due out on the PC, PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 on October 21st in North America and October the 24th in Europe and the UK. You can find out more about the multiplayer by reading our beta impressions.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year