Pro Evo 3 dated
Konami today confirmed the official release date for the PS2's Pro Evolution Soccer 3, as well as revealing that Italian referee Pierluigi Collina, "arguably one of the most recognisable (and definitely the most terrifying) faces in football" has been signed for use on the official packaging of both the PC and PS2 versions of the eagerly awaited title.
The Japanese publisher's latest opus will be with us on October the 17th on the PS2, whilst PC gamers are promised they'll be getting their hands on it in time for the festive season.
"Pierluigi Collina sums up everything that is great about modern football and Pro Evolution Soccer 3," enthused Martin Schneider, Konami Europe's head marketing monkey. "He is an uncompromising, no nonsense figure who enjoys the respect of everybody in the game - from fans through to the world's most famous players and leading managers. With such a strong pedigree, we are naturally delighted that Mr Collina has agreed to front the packaging for a football game that shares so many of his traits. Pro Evolution Soccer 3 will be one of our key titles this year, and Mr Collina will help to extend aware of the game to a wider range of football fans."
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday