Pro Evo 3 dated
Konami today confirmed the official release date for the PS2's Pro Evolution Soccer 3, as well as revealing that Italian referee Pierluigi Collina, "arguably one of the most recognisable (and definitely the most terrifying) faces in football" has been signed for use on the official packaging of both the PC and PS2 versions of the eagerly awaited title.
The Japanese publisher's latest opus will be with us on October the 17th on the PS2, whilst PC gamers are promised they'll be getting their hands on it in time for the festive season.
"Pierluigi Collina sums up everything that is great about modern football and Pro Evolution Soccer 3," enthused Martin Schneider, Konami Europe's head marketing monkey. "He is an uncompromising, no nonsense figure who enjoys the respect of everybody in the game - from fans through to the world's most famous players and leading managers. With such a strong pedigree, we are naturally delighted that Mr Collina has agreed to front the packaging for a football game that shares so many of his traits. Pro Evolution Soccer 3 will be one of our key titles this year, and Mr Collina will help to extend aware of the game to a wider range of football fans."
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title