Pro Evo 3 dated
Konami today confirmed the official release date for the PS2's Pro Evolution Soccer 3, as well as revealing that Italian referee Pierluigi Collina, "arguably one of the most recognisable (and definitely the most terrifying) faces in football" has been signed for use on the official packaging of both the PC and PS2 versions of the eagerly awaited title.
The Japanese publisher's latest opus will be with us on October the 17th on the PS2, whilst PC gamers are promised they'll be getting their hands on it in time for the festive season.
"Pierluigi Collina sums up everything that is great about modern football and Pro Evolution Soccer 3," enthused Martin Schneider, Konami Europe's head marketing monkey. "He is an uncompromising, no nonsense figure who enjoys the respect of everybody in the game - from fans through to the world's most famous players and leading managers. With such a strong pedigree, we are naturally delighted that Mr Collina has agreed to front the packaging for a football game that shares so many of his traits. Pro Evolution Soccer 3 will be one of our key titles this year, and Mr Collina will help to extend aware of the game to a wider range of football fans."
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update