EA patch Spore
The official Spore site revealed late yesterday that the sandbox opus from Sims creator Will Wright has been patched for the first time.
The inaugural update ushers in a new cheat - 'evoadvantage' - which lets you start a new game with any previously evolved creature from the Sporepedia. 'Blocksmode' also sees creatures turned into, well, blocks.
The patch also shows you statistics in the build mode, displayed by holding 'i' when hovering over a particular creature part. Then there are style filters, once again entered via the cheat window. 'Stylefilter -microscope', 'stylefilter -norainbows' and 'stylefilter -nextgen' will all deliver new representations.
70 new planet scripts have also been added to further spice things up.
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
- Take-Two reports GTA V has sold over 34 million copies
- Stephen Colbert deconstructs #Gamergate last night with guest Anita Sarkeesian
- First Nosgoth eSports tournament to begin next month
- Stealth Inc 2 trailer peeks it head out of the shadows
- The Crew beta launches on PS4 and Xbox One next week
- PS3 and Xbox 360 versions of Dying Light cancelled, Techland describes their development as painful