EA patch Spore
The official Spore site revealed late yesterday that the sandbox opus from Sims creator Will Wright has been patched for the first time.
The inaugural update ushers in a new cheat - 'evoadvantage' - which lets you start a new game with any previously evolved creature from the Sporepedia. 'Blocksmode' also sees creatures turned into, well, blocks.
The patch also shows you statistics in the build mode, displayed by holding 'i' when hovering over a particular creature part. Then there are style filters, once again entered via the cheat window. 'Stylefilter -microscope', 'stylefilter -norainbows' and 'stylefilter -nextgen' will all deliver new representations.
70 new planet scripts have also been added to further spice things up.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title