EA patch Spore
The official Spore site revealed late yesterday that the sandbox opus from Sims creator Will Wright has been patched for the first time.
The inaugural update ushers in a new cheat - 'evoadvantage' - which lets you start a new game with any previously evolved creature from the Sporepedia. 'Blocksmode' also sees creatures turned into, well, blocks.
The patch also shows you statistics in the build mode, displayed by holding 'i' when hovering over a particular creature part. Then there are style filters, once again entered via the cheat window. 'Stylefilter -microscope', 'stylefilter -norainbows' and 'stylefilter -nextgen' will all deliver new representations.
70 new planet scripts have also been added to further spice things up.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year