Houser says Wii GTA 'unnatural'
Speaking to Nintendo Power magazine in a new interview, Rockstar co-founder Dan Houser has suggested that a Wii version of Grand Theft Auto was considered, before GTA: Chinatown Wars was envisaged for the DS handheld.
"It didn't feel natural to us, I guess," the big cheese revealed, explaining the decision to push ahead with a handheld version of the best-selling series.
"It really was that the DS felt like it had a lot of interesting challenges that would be totally different from what we'd done in the past," Houser enthused.
He adds: "The stylus and the chance to use minigames in that way was really interesting and exciting to us, and we thought we could integrate seamlessly between those two modes. And it would be the chance to make something really good on a handheld with our handheld-focused team. That was really why we went that way."
GTA: Chinatown Wars is out on the DS this Christmas - we'll bring you more very soon.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3