Houser says Wii GTA 'unnatural'
Speaking to Nintendo Power magazine in a new interview, Rockstar co-founder Dan Houser has suggested that a Wii version of Grand Theft Auto was considered, before GTA: Chinatown Wars was envisaged for the DS handheld.
"It didn't feel natural to us, I guess," the big cheese revealed, explaining the decision to push ahead with a handheld version of the best-selling series.
"It really was that the DS felt like it had a lot of interesting challenges that would be totally different from what we'd done in the past," Houser enthused.
He adds: "The stylus and the chance to use minigames in that way was really interesting and exciting to us, and we thought we could integrate seamlessly between those two modes. And it would be the chance to make something really good on a handheld with our handheld-focused team. That was really why we went that way."
GTA: Chinatown Wars is out on the DS this Christmas - we'll bring you more very soon.
- EA to unveil Star Wars: Battlefront later on this month
- No 2015 launch for Zelda Wii U after all
- Konami continues to purge all references to Hideo Kojima with Silent Hills and Zone Of The Enders
- New Gears Of War title is Xbox One only
- Sony closes the door on PlayStation Home on last time
- StarCraft II: Legacy Of The Void beta invites go out today
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today