Houser says Wii GTA 'unnatural'
Speaking to Nintendo Power magazine in a new interview, Rockstar co-founder Dan Houser has suggested that a Wii version of Grand Theft Auto was considered, before GTA: Chinatown Wars was envisaged for the DS handheld.
"It didn't feel natural to us, I guess," the big cheese revealed, explaining the decision to push ahead with a handheld version of the best-selling series.
"It really was that the DS felt like it had a lot of interesting challenges that would be totally different from what we'd done in the past," Houser enthused.
He adds: "The stylus and the chance to use minigames in that way was really interesting and exciting to us, and we thought we could integrate seamlessly between those two modes. And it would be the chance to make something really good on a handheld with our handheld-focused team. That was really why we went that way."
GTA: Chinatown Wars is out on the DS this Christmas - we'll bring you more very soon.
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming