Houser says Wii GTA 'unnatural'
Speaking to Nintendo Power magazine in a new interview, Rockstar co-founder Dan Houser has suggested that a Wii version of Grand Theft Auto was considered, before GTA: Chinatown Wars was envisaged for the DS handheld.
"It didn't feel natural to us, I guess," the big cheese revealed, explaining the decision to push ahead with a handheld version of the best-selling series.
"It really was that the DS felt like it had a lot of interesting challenges that would be totally different from what we'd done in the past," Houser enthused.
He adds: "The stylus and the chance to use minigames in that way was really interesting and exciting to us, and we thought we could integrate seamlessly between those two modes. And it would be the chance to make something really good on a handheld with our handheld-focused team. That was really why we went that way."
GTA: Chinatown Wars is out on the DS this Christmas - we'll bring you more very soon.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date