Houser says Wii GTA 'unnatural'
Speaking to Nintendo Power magazine in a new interview, Rockstar co-founder Dan Houser has suggested that a Wii version of Grand Theft Auto was considered, before GTA: Chinatown Wars was envisaged for the DS handheld.
"It didn't feel natural to us, I guess," the big cheese revealed, explaining the decision to push ahead with a handheld version of the best-selling series.
"It really was that the DS felt like it had a lot of interesting challenges that would be totally different from what we'd done in the past," Houser enthused.
He adds: "The stylus and the chance to use minigames in that way was really interesting and exciting to us, and we thought we could integrate seamlessly between those two modes. And it would be the chance to make something really good on a handheld with our handheld-focused team. That was really why we went that way."
GTA: Chinatown Wars is out on the DS this Christmas - we'll bring you more very soon.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree