LBP impossible on Xbox 360
As surely as night follows day, so the latest word (in a seemingly constant stream) out of Media Molecule informs us that LittleBigPlanet could not have been created for the Xbox 360.
Alex Evans says that his user-generated platforming opus pushes the PS3 in unique ways, and that while a similar game would be possible on the 360, LBP would not work "as it is".
"With LBP as it is, we couldn’t have made it on the Xbox 360 and the reason for that is actually because we designed it around the PS3’s strengths," Evans told GI.biz.
"In other words, if you’re a game designer, from day one you know your platform, and you just cane it on that platform. You’re not worrying about cross-platform, you’re not worrying about anyone else’s hardware design."
Evans goes on to affirm that regardless the 360 is still a very capable machine, and that like any platform a user-generated title would be entirely possible.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May