LBP impossible on Xbox 360
As surely as night follows day, so the latest word (in a seemingly constant stream) out of Media Molecule informs us that LittleBigPlanet could not have been created for the Xbox 360.
Alex Evans says that his user-generated platforming opus pushes the PS3 in unique ways, and that while a similar game would be possible on the 360, LBP would not work "as it is".
"With LBP as it is, we couldn’t have made it on the Xbox 360 and the reason for that is actually because we designed it around the PS3’s strengths," Evans told GI.biz.
"In other words, if you’re a game designer, from day one you know your platform, and you just cane it on that platform. You’re not worrying about cross-platform, you’re not worrying about anyone else’s hardware design."
Evans goes on to affirm that regardless the 360 is still a very capable machine, and that like any platform a user-generated title would be entirely possible.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year