Whole world getting Aussie Fallout 3
Bethesda spokesperson Peter Hines has told Edge magazine that following the revisions of Fallout 3 undertaken to ensure as release in Australia, that the changes will be instigated everywhere, meaning that the whole world will get the Aussie-tweaked experience.
The versions distributed in every region will now be identical, Hines assures, Bethesda toning down some of the real world references and names that riled Australia's notoriously strict censors.
"An issue was raised concerning references to real world, proscribed drugs in the game, and we subsequently removed those references and replaced them with fictional names," Hines offered.
"To avoid confusion among people in different territories, we decided to make those substitutions in all versions of the game, in all territories."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone