Whole world getting Aussie Fallout 3
Bethesda spokesperson Peter Hines has told Edge magazine that following the revisions of Fallout 3 undertaken to ensure as release in Australia, that the changes will be instigated everywhere, meaning that the whole world will get the Aussie-tweaked experience.
The versions distributed in every region will now be identical, Hines assures, Bethesda toning down some of the real world references and names that riled Australia's notoriously strict censors.
"An issue was raised concerning references to real world, proscribed drugs in the game, and we subsequently removed those references and replaced them with fictional names," Hines offered.
"To avoid confusion among people in different territories, we decided to make those substitutions in all versions of the game, in all territories."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like