Whole world getting Aussie Fallout 3
Bethesda spokesperson Peter Hines has told Edge magazine that following the revisions of Fallout 3 undertaken to ensure as release in Australia, that the changes will be instigated everywhere, meaning that the whole world will get the Aussie-tweaked experience.
The versions distributed in every region will now be identical, Hines assures, Bethesda toning down some of the real world references and names that riled Australia's notoriously strict censors.
"An issue was raised concerning references to real world, proscribed drugs in the game, and we subsequently removed those references and replaced them with fictional names," Hines offered.
"To avoid confusion among people in different territories, we decided to make those substitutions in all versions of the game, in all territories."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO