Whole world getting Aussie Fallout 3
Bethesda spokesperson Peter Hines has told Edge magazine that following the revisions of Fallout 3 undertaken to ensure as release in Australia, that the changes will be instigated everywhere, meaning that the whole world will get the Aussie-tweaked experience.
The versions distributed in every region will now be identical, Hines assures, Bethesda toning down some of the real world references and names that riled Australia's notoriously strict censors.
"An issue was raised concerning references to real world, proscribed drugs in the game, and we subsequently removed those references and replaced them with fictional names," Hines offered.
"To avoid confusion among people in different territories, we decided to make those substitutions in all versions of the game, in all territories."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III