Whole world getting Aussie Fallout 3
Bethesda spokesperson Peter Hines has told Edge magazine that following the revisions of Fallout 3 undertaken to ensure as release in Australia, that the changes will be instigated everywhere, meaning that the whole world will get the Aussie-tweaked experience.
The versions distributed in every region will now be identical, Hines assures, Bethesda toning down some of the real world references and names that riled Australia's notoriously strict censors.
"An issue was raised concerning references to real world, proscribed drugs in the game, and we subsequently removed those references and replaced them with fictional names," Hines offered.
"To avoid confusion among people in different territories, we decided to make those substitutions in all versions of the game, in all territories."
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One