New iPod Touch lures gamers
Apple have been holding their 'Lets Rock' event in San Francisco today, lifting the lid on a new iPod Touch model, which Apple boss Steve Jobs claims can be the "best portable device for gaming."
A new football game, called Real Soccer 2009 will be created for the new gizmo, alongside a spruced-up handheld version of Need for Speed Undercover.
The new iPod incorporates a D-pad and 'A/B' buttons on the touch-screen interface, as well as sporting motion-sensing gesture technology.
The three new iPods were put on sale today by Apple, an 8GB system is yours for 229 USD, 16G for 299 USD and 32GB for 399 USD.
We'll keep you posted on Apple's gaming overtures as we learn more.
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine
- Bethesda announces Wolfenstein: Old Blood a prequel to The New Order
- OlliOlli 2 devs Roll7 troll the game's Twitter critics
- DayZ creator teams up with Improbable to make the game worlds he's always wanted
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster coming to the PS4 in the summer
- [Update] Possible March PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up appears on NeoGAF