New iPod Touch lures gamers
Apple have been holding their 'Lets Rock' event in San Francisco today, lifting the lid on a new iPod Touch model, which Apple boss Steve Jobs claims can be the "best portable device for gaming."
A new football game, called Real Soccer 2009 will be created for the new gizmo, alongside a spruced-up handheld version of Need for Speed Undercover.
The new iPod incorporates a D-pad and 'A/B' buttons on the touch-screen interface, as well as sporting motion-sensing gesture technology.
The three new iPods were put on sale today by Apple, an 8GB system is yours for 229 USD, 16G for 299 USD and 32GB for 399 USD.
We'll keep you posted on Apple's gaming overtures as we learn more.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side