X03: Microsoft want Europe Live
First things first, October the 30th will mark the launch of Xbox Live across a further six countries in Europe, bringing the total to an astounding fourteen - it was revealed at Microsoft's address yesterday. Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Norway, and Switzerland are the lucky new hosts to the service. European pricing was also finally confirmed, too, which will commence for those on a twelve-month trial next March, and the rest of us this December. The annual rate will be £39.99/€59.99, or gamers have the option of just paying monthly - for £4.99/€6.99. All matters subscription related will be managed through the Xbox dashboard.
Keen to push the number of peopled hooked-up to the service, Microsoft revealed that a multitude of Live enabled titles will now carry a two month free trial voucher, and the Communicator headset is now available for purchase as a standalone product for £19.99/€29.99.
Finally, encouraging us all to "play together" more, the following new features are being pushed:
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO