X03: Microsoft want Europe Live
First things first, October the 30th will mark the launch of Xbox Live across a further six countries in Europe, bringing the total to an astounding fourteen - it was revealed at Microsoft's address yesterday. Austria, Denmark, Finland, Ireland, Norway, and Switzerland are the lucky new hosts to the service. European pricing was also finally confirmed, too, which will commence for those on a twelve-month trial next March, and the rest of us this December. The annual rate will be £39.99/€59.99, or gamers have the option of just paying monthly - for £4.99/€6.99. All matters subscription related will be managed through the Xbox dashboard.
Keen to push the number of peopled hooked-up to the service, Microsoft revealed that a multitude of Live enabled titles will now carry a two month free trial voucher, and the Communicator headset is now available for purchase as a standalone product for £19.99/€29.99.
Finally, encouraging us all to "play together" more, the following new features are being pushed:
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi