X03: Xbox goes Epic
Epic Games' Jay Wilbur (of the Unreal series fame) was on hand at last night's press conference to unveil a brand new multi-title deal between the successful developer and Microsoft. The deal will of course mean new titles for the Xbox and exclusivity for the console and the PC. Microsoft Games Studios will fulfill publishing duties as part of the arrangement.
We've no official word on the titles that Epic and their satellite developer Scion will be making for Redmond, though we reckon Bill's boys have tied up a deal that will see future Unreal titles available on the Xbox and PC only. Hopefully, we'll have some news on these titles soon; which, given Microsoft's Live push, it's a safe bet will be multiplayer enabled.
"We're delighted to be working with Microsoft " commented Jay Wilbur, Vice President of Business Affairs at Epic, "We feel strongly that, in partnership with Microsoft, Epic Games and Scion Studios will provide gamers with spectacular entertainment on Xbox and Windows platforms."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone