X03: Xbox goes Epic
Epic Games' Jay Wilbur (of the Unreal series fame) was on hand at last night's press conference to unveil a brand new multi-title deal between the successful developer and Microsoft. The deal will of course mean new titles for the Xbox and exclusivity for the console and the PC. Microsoft Games Studios will fulfill publishing duties as part of the arrangement.
We've no official word on the titles that Epic and their satellite developer Scion will be making for Redmond, though we reckon Bill's boys have tied up a deal that will see future Unreal titles available on the Xbox and PC only. Hopefully, we'll have some news on these titles soon; which, given Microsoft's Live push, it's a safe bet will be multiplayer enabled.
"We're delighted to be working with Microsoft " commented Jay Wilbur, Vice President of Business Affairs at Epic, "We feel strongly that, in partnership with Microsoft, Epic Games and Scion Studios will provide gamers with spectacular entertainment on Xbox and Windows platforms."
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update