X03: Xbox goes Epic
Epic Games' Jay Wilbur (of the Unreal series fame) was on hand at last night's press conference to unveil a brand new multi-title deal between the successful developer and Microsoft. The deal will of course mean new titles for the Xbox and exclusivity for the console and the PC. Microsoft Games Studios will fulfill publishing duties as part of the arrangement.
We've no official word on the titles that Epic and their satellite developer Scion will be making for Redmond, though we reckon Bill's boys have tied up a deal that will see future Unreal titles available on the Xbox and PC only. Hopefully, we'll have some news on these titles soon; which, given Microsoft's Live push, it's a safe bet will be multiplayer enabled.
"We're delighted to be working with Microsoft " commented Jay Wilbur, Vice President of Business Affairs at Epic, "We feel strongly that, in partnership with Microsoft, Epic Games and Scion Studios will provide gamers with spectacular entertainment on Xbox and Windows platforms."
- IGDA Board Of Directors calls for the community to rally against attacks, threats and harassment of developers
- Square Enix reveals what they've added in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX in the latest trailer
- New Lords Of The Fallen trailer introduces the game world and soundtrack
- Jonathan Blow responds to the last couple of weeks nastiness in his own honest fashion
- Apple holding a press event on September 9th, likely for iPhone announcement
- Have you ever wondered what Dark Souls would look like as a 2D platformer?
- Microsoft announces a release date for Forza Horizon 2 demo
- Assassin's Creed: Unity release pushed back
- GOG adds DRM-free movies to it's catalogue