X03: Xbox goes Epic
Epic Games' Jay Wilbur (of the Unreal series fame) was on hand at last night's press conference to unveil a brand new multi-title deal between the successful developer and Microsoft. The deal will of course mean new titles for the Xbox and exclusivity for the console and the PC. Microsoft Games Studios will fulfill publishing duties as part of the arrangement.
We've no official word on the titles that Epic and their satellite developer Scion will be making for Redmond, though we reckon Bill's boys have tied up a deal that will see future Unreal titles available on the Xbox and PC only. Hopefully, we'll have some news on these titles soon; which, given Microsoft's Live push, it's a safe bet will be multiplayer enabled.
"We're delighted to be working with Microsoft " commented Jay Wilbur, Vice President of Business Affairs at Epic, "We feel strongly that, in partnership with Microsoft, Epic Games and Scion Studios will provide gamers with spectacular entertainment on Xbox and Windows platforms."
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date
- Clerks stars Jeff Anderson and Jason Mewes talk about lending their voices to new adventure Randal's Monday
- Ubisoft announces details on the PvP modes for Far Cry 4
- Shadow Of Mordor's Lord Of The Hunt DLC detailed
- November's Games With Gold line-up is smashing... literally
- RedBedlam adds more content to the Steam Early Access version of their novel/game crossover Bedlam
- Shu Yoshida: PS Plus Edition of Driveclub won't arrive until the server issues are fixed
- New PC patch for The Evil Within unlocks 60fps for machines that can handle it
- Konami drops the price for Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes