New US Xbox bundle, PC Halo gold
Plenty of activity in the USA surrounding Microsoft today, whilst Europe limbers up for X03 which kicks off in southern France tomorrow. Firstly, the PC version of Halo, developed for Redmond by Gearbox, has been confirmed by the publisher as officially gold. The completed game will out in stores, stateside at least, by September 30th.
Meanwhile, moving on to more topical issues, Microsoft also confirmed today a brand new Xbox bundle due out imminently in the USA, designed specifically for the forthcoming holiday season. The new bundle costs $179.99 and includes the console, two games, and a two-month Xbox Live trial.
The games in question appear to be Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Tetris Worlds Live. The new bundle is sure to pile the pressure on Sony who've been staunchly reluctant to cut prices as Microsoft have, especially with Christmas nearly upon us.
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like