New US Xbox bundle, PC Halo gold
Plenty of activity in the USA surrounding Microsoft today, whilst Europe limbers up for X03 which kicks off in southern France tomorrow. Firstly, the PC version of Halo, developed for Redmond by Gearbox, has been confirmed by the publisher as officially gold. The completed game will out in stores, stateside at least, by September 30th.
Meanwhile, moving on to more topical issues, Microsoft also confirmed today a brand new Xbox bundle due out imminently in the USA, designed specifically for the forthcoming holiday season. The new bundle costs $179.99 and includes the console, two games, and a two-month Xbox Live trial.
The games in question appear to be Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Tetris Worlds Live. The new bundle is sure to pile the pressure on Sony who've been staunchly reluctant to cut prices as Microsoft have, especially with Christmas nearly upon us.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May