GC as important as E3 - Hines
Bethesda exec Peter Hines, speaking to blog VG247 in Germany, has assured that Games Convention is just as important as E3 - the Leipzig show rising to the challenge in the wake of a poor E3 showing.
"It’s hugely important to ‘do well’ here… to get a lot of people to see it and get excited about it," Hines, in town to show off Fallout 3, assured.
"It’s just as important as E3 was. E3 was important for a different reason because it has the distinction of being first. That sort of sets the tone going forward for ‘how did you do?’ We had… many hundreds of people come through and play the game."
Of course, this year's E3 has suffered under a torrent of abuse following a second year of mediocrity, while Games Convention has risen to the challenge admirably. It will be interesting to see what happens with Gamescom in 2009.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto