GC as important as E3 - Hines
Bethesda exec Peter Hines, speaking to blog VG247 in Germany, has assured that Games Convention is just as important as E3 - the Leipzig show rising to the challenge in the wake of a poor E3 showing.
"It’s hugely important to ‘do well’ here… to get a lot of people to see it and get excited about it," Hines, in town to show off Fallout 3, assured.
"It’s just as important as E3 was. E3 was important for a different reason because it has the distinction of being first. That sort of sets the tone going forward for ‘how did you do?’ We had… many hundreds of people come through and play the game."
Of course, this year's E3 has suffered under a torrent of abuse following a second year of mediocrity, while Games Convention has risen to the challenge admirably. It will be interesting to see what happens with Gamescom in 2009.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year