GC as important as E3 - Hines
Bethesda exec Peter Hines, speaking to blog VG247 in Germany, has assured that Games Convention is just as important as E3 - the Leipzig show rising to the challenge in the wake of a poor E3 showing.
"It’s hugely important to ‘do well’ here… to get a lot of people to see it and get excited about it," Hines, in town to show off Fallout 3, assured.
"It’s just as important as E3 was. E3 was important for a different reason because it has the distinction of being first. That sort of sets the tone going forward for ‘how did you do?’ We had… many hundreds of people come through and play the game."
Of course, this year's E3 has suffered under a torrent of abuse following a second year of mediocrity, while Games Convention has risen to the challenge admirably. It will be interesting to see what happens with Gamescom in 2009.
- Possible dates for the Steam Summer Sale appear online
- Rise Of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 doesn't appear in Square Enix's financials for this year
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week with new gear and rewards
- Titanfall developers Respawn won't be at E3 this year
- Destiny: Xur's location and stock for May 28th
- Destiny's Trials Of Osiris declared a success, Bungie bans cheaters
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer