GC as important as E3 - Hines
Bethesda exec Peter Hines, speaking to blog VG247 in Germany, has assured that Games Convention is just as important as E3 - the Leipzig show rising to the challenge in the wake of a poor E3 showing.
"It’s hugely important to ‘do well’ here… to get a lot of people to see it and get excited about it," Hines, in town to show off Fallout 3, assured.
"It’s just as important as E3 was. E3 was important for a different reason because it has the distinction of being first. That sort of sets the tone going forward for ‘how did you do?’ We had… many hundreds of people come through and play the game."
Of course, this year's E3 has suffered under a torrent of abuse following a second year of mediocrity, while Games Convention has risen to the challenge admirably. It will be interesting to see what happens with Gamescom in 2009.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave