GC as important as E3 - Hines
Bethesda exec Peter Hines, speaking to blog VG247 in Germany, has assured that Games Convention is just as important as E3 - the Leipzig show rising to the challenge in the wake of a poor E3 showing.
"It’s hugely important to ‘do well’ here… to get a lot of people to see it and get excited about it," Hines, in town to show off Fallout 3, assured.
"It’s just as important as E3 was. E3 was important for a different reason because it has the distinction of being first. That sort of sets the tone going forward for ‘how did you do?’ We had… many hundreds of people come through and play the game."
Of course, this year's E3 has suffered under a torrent of abuse following a second year of mediocrity, while Games Convention has risen to the challenge admirably. It will be interesting to see what happens with Gamescom in 2009.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release