LBP is Sony star player
In case it needed spelling out, Sony worldwide studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told UK blog VG247 that LittleBigPlanet will be the most important PS3 release of the year.
That star status covers all regions, according to the big cheese. "LittleBigPlanet is going to be the biggest title for Sony in all markets this year," he offered, adding that this most certainly encapsulates Japan too.
"History tells us how difficult it is for games developed in Europe or in the US to be successful in Japan, and with this generation we see Japanese consumer supporting more and more games coming from western Europe."
He goes on to talk up the role of user-generated content: "That really shows the way the whole industry will be heading. Giving power to the consumers to express their creativity by creating something that’s fun for others to play. So we really want to make it a global success, including the Japanese market."
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015