LBP is Sony star player
In case it needed spelling out, Sony worldwide studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told UK blog VG247 that LittleBigPlanet will be the most important PS3 release of the year.
That star status covers all regions, according to the big cheese. "LittleBigPlanet is going to be the biggest title for Sony in all markets this year," he offered, adding that this most certainly encapsulates Japan too.
"History tells us how difficult it is for games developed in Europe or in the US to be successful in Japan, and with this generation we see Japanese consumer supporting more and more games coming from western Europe."
He goes on to talk up the role of user-generated content: "That really shows the way the whole industry will be heading. Giving power to the consumers to express their creativity by creating something that’s fun for others to play. So we really want to make it a global success, including the Japanese market."
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny