LBP is Sony star player
In case it needed spelling out, Sony worldwide studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told UK blog VG247 that LittleBigPlanet will be the most important PS3 release of the year.
That star status covers all regions, according to the big cheese. "LittleBigPlanet is going to be the biggest title for Sony in all markets this year," he offered, adding that this most certainly encapsulates Japan too.
"History tells us how difficult it is for games developed in Europe or in the US to be successful in Japan, and with this generation we see Japanese consumer supporting more and more games coming from western Europe."
He goes on to talk up the role of user-generated content: "That really shows the way the whole industry will be heading. Giving power to the consumers to express their creativity by creating something that’s fun for others to play. So we really want to make it a global success, including the Japanese market."
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title
- Battlefield: Hardline beta coming to all platforms next week
- Transistor and Yakuza 4 among February's PS Plus Instant Game Collection pickings
- Third and final Life Is Strange development diary arrives ahead of tomorrow's launch of episode one
- Nintendo shows profits despite the Wii U continuing to underperform
- Goetia demo is now live
- There's a whole load of LEGO games coming this year including LEGO Jurassic World
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 devs confident that Resident Evil 7 will be mind-blowing
- Steam content creators raise more than 50 million USD making hats for Team Fortress 2 and the like