LBP is Sony star player
In case it needed spelling out, Sony worldwide studios boss Shuhei Yoshida has told UK blog VG247 that LittleBigPlanet will be the most important PS3 release of the year.
That star status covers all regions, according to the big cheese. "LittleBigPlanet is going to be the biggest title for Sony in all markets this year," he offered, adding that this most certainly encapsulates Japan too.
"History tells us how difficult it is for games developed in Europe or in the US to be successful in Japan, and with this generation we see Japanese consumer supporting more and more games coming from western Europe."
He goes on to talk up the role of user-generated content: "That really shows the way the whole industry will be heading. Giving power to the consumers to express their creativity by creating something that’s fun for others to play. So we really want to make it a global success, including the Japanese market."
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3