Jon Jones becomes the first cover star for EA Sports UFC, second to be voted in by the fans
EA Sports has announced the first cover star of their new UFC fighting game.
Jon 'Bones' Jones will be the first cover star on EA Sports UFC along with another UFC star to be voted on by the fans. The shortlist of stars vying for the second spot on the cover is pretty fearsome and includes stars like Jose Aldo and Ronda Rousey as well as the legendary Georges St-Pierre.
Jones said, “It’s a huge honour to be selected as one of the fighters to appear on the cover of EA Sports UFC. I am a big fan of EA Sports and appearing on a cover is one of those things you dream about as a kid. I’ll definitely be following the Cover Vote to see which fighter the fans choose to join me as the face of the game.”
The first round of voting is open now over on UFC.com and there's also a special vote on Twitter where fans can add extra votes for their favourite fighter using fighter-specific hashtags. There's a round of voting every week until December the 1st beginning at 10am on the Monday and closing at 12pm on the Sunday.
EA Sports UFC is due out on Xbox One and PS4 next spring.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold