Jon Jones becomes the first cover star for EA Sports UFC, second to be voted in by the fans
EA Sports has announced the first cover star of their new UFC fighting game.
Jon 'Bones' Jones will be the first cover star on EA Sports UFC along with another UFC star to be voted on by the fans. The shortlist of stars vying for the second spot on the cover is pretty fearsome and includes stars like Jose Aldo and Ronda Rousey as well as the legendary Georges St-Pierre.
Jones said, “It’s a huge honour to be selected as one of the fighters to appear on the cover of EA Sports UFC. I am a big fan of EA Sports and appearing on a cover is one of those things you dream about as a kid. I’ll definitely be following the Cover Vote to see which fighter the fans choose to join me as the face of the game.”
The first round of voting is open now over on UFC.com and there's also a special vote on Twitter where fans can add extra votes for their favourite fighter using fighter-specific hashtags. There's a round of voting every week until December the 1st beginning at 10am on the Monday and closing at 12pm on the Sunday.
EA Sports UFC is due out on Xbox One and PS4 next spring.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3