Jon Jones becomes the first cover star for EA Sports UFC, second to be voted in by the fans
EA Sports has announced the first cover star of their new UFC fighting game.
Jon 'Bones' Jones will be the first cover star on EA Sports UFC along with another UFC star to be voted on by the fans. The shortlist of stars vying for the second spot on the cover is pretty fearsome and includes stars like Jose Aldo and Ronda Rousey as well as the legendary Georges St-Pierre.
Jones said, “It’s a huge honour to be selected as one of the fighters to appear on the cover of EA Sports UFC. I am a big fan of EA Sports and appearing on a cover is one of those things you dream about as a kid. I’ll definitely be following the Cover Vote to see which fighter the fans choose to join me as the face of the game.”
The first round of voting is open now over on UFC.com and there's also a special vote on Twitter where fans can add extra votes for their favourite fighter using fighter-specific hashtags. There's a round of voting every week until December the 1st beginning at 10am on the Monday and closing at 12pm on the Sunday.
EA Sports UFC is due out on Xbox One and PS4 next spring.
- Battlefield: Hardline beta rumoured to begin next week
- New Heart Of Thorns expansion announced for Guild Wars 2
- Wikipedia arbitration committee bans five feminist editors from commenting on feminist articles over GamerGate
- Ubisoft in the process of deleting game keys fraudulently-acquired by resellers from UPlay
- Gearbox is now recruiting for developers to work on Borderlands 3
- DayZ passes the 3 million sales mark on Steam Early Access
- Planetside 2 sets a new Guinness World Record for the most players in an online FPS game
- Homeworld remasters look stunning, will be released next month
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network