New Halo 3 map spied
A new Halo 3 map was revealed by Bungie at the Penny Arcade Expo over the weekend. The level was revealed stateside, and will be imaginatively titled Purple Reign.
The map was originally due out in April's Legendary Map Pack, and it is reportedly based on a Covenant Scarab factory.
The Assembly level is vast, 'multi-tiered' and roughly bowl shaped, although given the delays it is unsurprising that Bungie still can't tell us when the new stage will be available to play.
Bungie have in recent months admitted they will need to work hard in order to claw Halo 3 back to the top of the Xbox Live chart, Call of Duty 4 being the multiplayer title to beat presently.
More on Bungie's creations as we get it.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3