New Halo 3 map spied
A new Halo 3 map was revealed by Bungie at the Penny Arcade Expo over the weekend. The level was revealed stateside, and will be imaginatively titled Purple Reign.
The map was originally due out in April's Legendary Map Pack, and it is reportedly based on a Covenant Scarab factory.
The Assembly level is vast, 'multi-tiered' and roughly bowl shaped, although given the delays it is unsurprising that Bungie still can't tell us when the new stage will be available to play.
Bungie have in recent months admitted they will need to work hard in order to claw Halo 3 back to the top of the Xbox Live chart, Call of Duty 4 being the multiplayer title to beat presently.
More on Bungie's creations as we get it.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One