Bayonetta designer targets God of War
Devil May Cry mastermind Hideki Kamiya, has told magazine EGM that his target for new undertaking Bayonetta is to exceed God of War (on the PS3).
"Out of all those action titles, there's one game that I am paying really close attention to, that I think is a rival game, a good game, which is called God of War 3," the game designer reveals.
The DMC veteran is less inspired by the competition offered by Ninja Gaiden, however, stating that "I've never played Ninja Gaiden, and to be honest, I'm not that interested."
The designer has in fact been quite vocal in his critical assaults on the series, something designer Tomonobu Itagaki has noted with some distain.
Still, more on God of War: "So there's like a wall for your imagination or ideas, and when you're actually creating something, you don't even see the wall. But with GOW, I felt like I saw beyond the wall," Kamiya explained.
"I felt like they created the game in a very good way which managed to bring in the users, they gave you a huge impactful feeling right in the beginning, and just drew you into the game. So I'm very impressed that they made the game like that."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III