Bayonetta designer targets God of War
Devil May Cry mastermind Hideki Kamiya, has told magazine EGM that his target for new undertaking Bayonetta is to exceed God of War (on the PS3).
"Out of all those action titles, there's one game that I am paying really close attention to, that I think is a rival game, a good game, which is called God of War 3," the game designer reveals.
The DMC veteran is less inspired by the competition offered by Ninja Gaiden, however, stating that "I've never played Ninja Gaiden, and to be honest, I'm not that interested."
The designer has in fact been quite vocal in his critical assaults on the series, something designer Tomonobu Itagaki has noted with some distain.
Still, more on God of War: "So there's like a wall for your imagination or ideas, and when you're actually creating something, you don't even see the wall. But with GOW, I felt like I saw beyond the wall," Kamiya explained.
"I felt like they created the game in a very good way which managed to bring in the users, they gave you a huge impactful feeling right in the beginning, and just drew you into the game. So I'm very impressed that they made the game like that."
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year