Bayonetta designer targets God of War
Devil May Cry mastermind Hideki Kamiya, has told magazine EGM that his target for new undertaking Bayonetta is to exceed God of War (on the PS3).
"Out of all those action titles, there's one game that I am paying really close attention to, that I think is a rival game, a good game, which is called God of War 3," the game designer reveals.
The DMC veteran is less inspired by the competition offered by Ninja Gaiden, however, stating that "I've never played Ninja Gaiden, and to be honest, I'm not that interested."
The designer has in fact been quite vocal in his critical assaults on the series, something designer Tomonobu Itagaki has noted with some distain.
Still, more on God of War: "So there's like a wall for your imagination or ideas, and when you're actually creating something, you don't even see the wall. But with GOW, I felt like I saw beyond the wall," Kamiya explained.
"I felt like they created the game in a very good way which managed to bring in the users, they gave you a huge impactful feeling right in the beginning, and just drew you into the game. So I'm very impressed that they made the game like that."
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light