Mythic boss dismisses WoW investment claim
Mark Jacobs, boss of EA's Mythic studio, has said that you don't need a billion dollars to compete with World of Warcraft; and he should know, Mythic have spent years crafting the soon-to-be-released Warhammer Online.
"When certain people throw out ridiculous numbers, you know they’re throwing out ridiculous numbers because they want to scare off competition or they want to make themselves seem invincible and that sort of nonsense," Jacobs told MTV, his comments following Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick stating that a rival would need to invest a billion dollars to compete with WoW.
"Realistically, if you’re going into this space for the first time, and you want to compete with WoW and you want to compete with us — because we’re going into that same space — you’ve got to make sure that you have at least 100 million dollars."
The new Warhammer MMO is out in September.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date