Mythic boss dismisses WoW investment claim
Mark Jacobs, boss of EA's Mythic studio, has said that you don't need a billion dollars to compete with World of Warcraft; and he should know, Mythic have spent years crafting the soon-to-be-released Warhammer Online.
"When certain people throw out ridiculous numbers, you know they’re throwing out ridiculous numbers because they want to scare off competition or they want to make themselves seem invincible and that sort of nonsense," Jacobs told MTV, his comments following Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick stating that a rival would need to invest a billion dollars to compete with WoW.
"Realistically, if you’re going into this space for the first time, and you want to compete with WoW and you want to compete with us — because we’re going into that same space — you’ve got to make sure that you have at least 100 million dollars."
The new Warhammer MMO is out in September.
- Dark Souls 2 could see a fourth pack of DLC released
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update