Mythic boss dismisses WoW investment claim
Mark Jacobs, boss of EA's Mythic studio, has said that you don't need a billion dollars to compete with World of Warcraft; and he should know, Mythic have spent years crafting the soon-to-be-released Warhammer Online.
"When certain people throw out ridiculous numbers, you know they’re throwing out ridiculous numbers because they want to scare off competition or they want to make themselves seem invincible and that sort of nonsense," Jacobs told MTV, his comments following Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick stating that a rival would need to invest a billion dollars to compete with WoW.
"Realistically, if you’re going into this space for the first time, and you want to compete with WoW and you want to compete with us — because we’re going into that same space — you’ve got to make sure that you have at least 100 million dollars."
The new Warhammer MMO is out in September.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat