Mythic boss dismisses WoW investment claim
Mark Jacobs, boss of EA's Mythic studio, has said that you don't need a billion dollars to compete with World of Warcraft; and he should know, Mythic have spent years crafting the soon-to-be-released Warhammer Online.
"When certain people throw out ridiculous numbers, you know they’re throwing out ridiculous numbers because they want to scare off competition or they want to make themselves seem invincible and that sort of nonsense," Jacobs told MTV, his comments following Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick stating that a rival would need to invest a billion dollars to compete with WoW.
"Realistically, if you’re going into this space for the first time, and you want to compete with WoW and you want to compete with us — because we’re going into that same space — you’ve got to make sure that you have at least 100 million dollars."
The new Warhammer MMO is out in September.
- Hatred returns to Steam Greenlight
- Work on a Lords Of The Fallen sequel is under way
- The latest patch for Assassin's Creed: Unity is a whopper, especially for some on Xbox One
- Microsoft is planning a streaming service reportedly called Arcadia
- Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 in development, aiming for a 2016 release
- Jagex to pull the plug on Transformers Universe
- One of Johnny Gat's new toys from Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell takes a tour of London
- Free trial of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn arrives on the PS4
- Batman Of The Future character pack arrives for LEGO Batman 3