PES 2015 to have “optional” microtransactions
Konami has revealed that there will be microtransactions in PES 2015 when it lands on the next-generation consoles later this year.
James Cox from Konami Europe's PES studio has explained that the microtransactions are there for PES fans who don't have a lot of time on his hands but all of the game's content will be there for those who want to put in the gaming hours too.
“If you don't have a lot of time, then with microtransactions you can go buy a lot of players that you want,” said Cox. “We’re trying to link things together so you can progress and build your team [normally]. The idea is that we’re trying to just give the players the choice of what they want to do. Some people have more time, some people have more money. Some people have a bit of each! Either way, you'll have the choice.”
He went on, “The general principle is that you will be able to buy the players you want. The exact final mechanic is all still being tuned, but yes – if you want to buy Ronaldo, one way or another, you will be able to do that. And you will be happy with what you spend your money on.”
PES 2015 will be released later this year on PS4, Xbox One and other platforms.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title