PES 2015 to have “optional” microtransactions
Konami has revealed that there will be microtransactions in PES 2015 when it lands on the next-generation consoles later this year.
James Cox from Konami Europe's PES studio has explained that the microtransactions are there for PES fans who don't have a lot of time on his hands but all of the game's content will be there for those who want to put in the gaming hours too.
“If you don't have a lot of time, then with microtransactions you can go buy a lot of players that you want,” said Cox. “We’re trying to link things together so you can progress and build your team [normally]. The idea is that we’re trying to just give the players the choice of what they want to do. Some people have more time, some people have more money. Some people have a bit of each! Either way, you'll have the choice.”
He went on, “The general principle is that you will be able to buy the players you want. The exact final mechanic is all still being tuned, but yes – if you want to buy Ronaldo, one way or another, you will be able to do that. And you will be happy with what you spend your money on.”
PES 2015 will be released later this year on PS4, Xbox One and other platforms.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto