5 Command & Conquer games saved from GameSpy shutdown by Revora Network
Revora Network has revealed that they are saving five of the more popular modern Command & Conquer titles from losing their online multiplayer services with the GameSpy shutdown.
The games saved are Command & Conquer: Generals and Zero Hours, Command & Conquer 3 and Kanes Wrath and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.
The Revora Network is a group of modders and developers and they have put together a completely new server for these titles that is free to use. All you need to do is download the launcher from the website. It is free but the server does survive on donations to keep the service running.
They stated, “C&C:Online is intended as a direct continuation of the online experience you're familiar with," the group explains on its site. "You don't have to launch multiplayer games through third-party software; instead you can keep playing the way you've always played."
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date