5 Command & Conquer games saved from GameSpy shutdown by Revora Network
Revora Network has revealed that they are saving five of the more popular modern Command & Conquer titles from losing their online multiplayer services with the GameSpy shutdown.
The games saved are Command & Conquer: Generals and Zero Hours, Command & Conquer 3 and Kanes Wrath and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.
The Revora Network is a group of modders and developers and they have put together a completely new server for these titles that is free to use. All you need to do is download the launcher from the website. It is free but the server does survive on donations to keep the service running.
They stated, “C&C:Online is intended as a direct continuation of the online experience you're familiar with," the group explains on its site. "You don't have to launch multiplayer games through third-party software; instead you can keep playing the way you've always played."
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America