5 Command & Conquer games saved from GameSpy shutdown by Revora Network
Revora Network has revealed that they are saving five of the more popular modern Command & Conquer titles from losing their online multiplayer services with the GameSpy shutdown.
The games saved are Command & Conquer: Generals and Zero Hours, Command & Conquer 3 and Kanes Wrath and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.
The Revora Network is a group of modders and developers and they have put together a completely new server for these titles that is free to use. All you need to do is download the launcher from the website. It is free but the server does survive on donations to keep the service running.
They stated, “C&C:Online is intended as a direct continuation of the online experience you're familiar with," the group explains on its site. "You don't have to launch multiplayer games through third-party software; instead you can keep playing the way you've always played."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III