5 Command & Conquer games saved from GameSpy shutdown by Revora Network
Revora Network has revealed that they are saving five of the more popular modern Command & Conquer titles from losing their online multiplayer services with the GameSpy shutdown.
The games saved are Command & Conquer: Generals and Zero Hours, Command & Conquer 3 and Kanes Wrath and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.
The Revora Network is a group of modders and developers and they have put together a completely new server for these titles that is free to use. All you need to do is download the launcher from the website. It is free but the server does survive on donations to keep the service running.
They stated, “C&C:Online is intended as a direct continuation of the online experience you're familiar with," the group explains on its site. "You don't have to launch multiplayer games through third-party software; instead you can keep playing the way you've always played."
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer