5 Command & Conquer games saved from GameSpy shutdown by Revora Network
Revora Network has revealed that they are saving five of the more popular modern Command & Conquer titles from losing their online multiplayer services with the GameSpy shutdown.
The games saved are Command & Conquer: Generals and Zero Hours, Command & Conquer 3 and Kanes Wrath and Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3.
The Revora Network is a group of modders and developers and they have put together a completely new server for these titles that is free to use. All you need to do is download the launcher from the website. It is free but the server does survive on donations to keep the service running.
They stated, “C&C:Online is intended as a direct continuation of the online experience you're familiar with," the group explains on its site. "You don't have to launch multiplayer games through third-party software; instead you can keep playing the way you've always played."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone