Ace Combat Infinity surpasses 1 million downloads
Bandai Namco's free-to-play dogfighting title Ace Combat Infinity has managed to hit a rather impressive milestone.
The Japanese publisher has announced that Ace Combat Infinity has now been downloaded over one million times. What makes this a more impressve achievement is that the game is only available on the PS3.
To celebrate the occasion the game's development team, Project Aces has prepared a special edition White Tiger Mirage 2000-5 multi-role fighter which can easily dispatch targets on the ground and in the air. It will be available to download between the 10th and the 31st of July.
“Thank you all very much for your support. We truly appreciate it from the bottom of our hearts. Ace Combat Infinity has exceeded one million downloads worldwide in just about 1.5 months. This is the first time we took up a challenge and released the Ace Combat series as a free-to-play title,” said the game's producer Kazutoki Kono.
“Thanks to the wondrous support of fans of the series, this challenge has past the million downloads,” Kono-san added. “We will definitely continue to strive for attractive and exciting contents to exceed fans' expectations and also to achieve greater results. We will continue to do our best to keep our key message: 'THE SKY IS YOURS'”.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title