Assassin's Creed: Unity is a new narrative start for the series
Ubisoft's Alex Amaciano has been revealing a little bit about where the plot of Assassin's Creed: Unity sits in the series' canon.
Amaciano, who is the creative director for Unity has indicated that this game is the beginning of a new story in the series' narrative, finally putting Desmond Miles to bed for good.
“It’s a new start, it’s a new narrative start. That is symbolized by a completely new context for the present day,” Amaciano began. “You’ve seen a little bit of an evolution with Black Flag, [but] we’re not going to do the same thing. What we’re doing with Unity is really the beginning [of] this new cycle of Assassin’s Creed games.”
He continued, “Because it’s new, we can actually explain it properly because nobody is going to feel like it’s redundant. I would say that Assassin’s Creed Unity is the best entry point for the franchise since [the first Assassin's Creed].”
Assassin's Creed: Unity is due out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One later this year.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey