Assassin's Creed: Unity is a new narrative start for the series
Ubisoft's Alex Amaciano has been revealing a little bit about where the plot of Assassin's Creed: Unity sits in the series' canon.
Amaciano, who is the creative director for Unity has indicated that this game is the beginning of a new story in the series' narrative, finally putting Desmond Miles to bed for good.
“It’s a new start, it’s a new narrative start. That is symbolized by a completely new context for the present day,” Amaciano began. “You’ve seen a little bit of an evolution with Black Flag, [but] we’re not going to do the same thing. What we’re doing with Unity is really the beginning [of] this new cycle of Assassin’s Creed games.”
He continued, “Because it’s new, we can actually explain it properly because nobody is going to feel like it’s redundant. I would say that Assassin’s Creed Unity is the best entry point for the franchise since [the first Assassin's Creed].”
Assassin's Creed: Unity is due out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One later this year.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year