Assassin's Creed: Unity is a new narrative start for the series
Ubisoft's Alex Amaciano has been revealing a little bit about where the plot of Assassin's Creed: Unity sits in the series' canon.
Amaciano, who is the creative director for Unity has indicated that this game is the beginning of a new story in the series' narrative, finally putting Desmond Miles to bed for good.
“It’s a new start, it’s a new narrative start. That is symbolized by a completely new context for the present day,” Amaciano began. “You’ve seen a little bit of an evolution with Black Flag, [but] we’re not going to do the same thing. What we’re doing with Unity is really the beginning [of] this new cycle of Assassin’s Creed games.”
He continued, “Because it’s new, we can actually explain it properly because nobody is going to feel like it’s redundant. I would say that Assassin’s Creed Unity is the best entry point for the franchise since [the first Assassin's Creed].”
Assassin's Creed: Unity is due out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One later this year.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer