Assassin's Creed: Unity is a new narrative start for the series
Ubisoft's Alex Amaciano has been revealing a little bit about where the plot of Assassin's Creed: Unity sits in the series' canon.
Amaciano, who is the creative director for Unity has indicated that this game is the beginning of a new story in the series' narrative, finally putting Desmond Miles to bed for good.
“It’s a new start, it’s a new narrative start. That is symbolized by a completely new context for the present day,” Amaciano began. “You’ve seen a little bit of an evolution with Black Flag, [but] we’re not going to do the same thing. What we’re doing with Unity is really the beginning [of] this new cycle of Assassin’s Creed games.”
He continued, “Because it’s new, we can actually explain it properly because nobody is going to feel like it’s redundant. I would say that Assassin’s Creed Unity is the best entry point for the franchise since [the first Assassin's Creed].”
Assassin's Creed: Unity is due out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One later this year.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015