Assassin's Creed: Unity is a new narrative start for the series
Ubisoft's Alex Amaciano has been revealing a little bit about where the plot of Assassin's Creed: Unity sits in the series' canon.
Amaciano, who is the creative director for Unity has indicated that this game is the beginning of a new story in the series' narrative, finally putting Desmond Miles to bed for good.
“It’s a new start, it’s a new narrative start. That is symbolized by a completely new context for the present day,” Amaciano began. “You’ve seen a little bit of an evolution with Black Flag, [but] we’re not going to do the same thing. What we’re doing with Unity is really the beginning [of] this new cycle of Assassin’s Creed games.”
He continued, “Because it’s new, we can actually explain it properly because nobody is going to feel like it’s redundant. I would say that Assassin’s Creed Unity is the best entry point for the franchise since [the first Assassin's Creed].”
Assassin's Creed: Unity is due out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One later this year.
- Frozenbyte announces Trine 3: Artifacts Of Power
- Epic has dropped the subscription fee for the Unreal Engine 4
- Rumour: DirectX 12 could allow mixing and matching of AMD and Nvidia GPUs
- No more online modes for Ridge Racer Unbounded in Europe
- Mortal Kombat X coming to mobiles as a free-to-play card battler
- EA announces details of Battlefield: Hardline Premium
- Payday 2: Crimewave Edition to hit PS4 and Xbox One in the summer
- Valve and HTC partner up for the new SteamVR device the Vive
- Trevor looks even more ravaged by time and crystal meth in these new GTA V PC screens