'That's so crazy and so big that I'm not sure we can succeed', says Gearbox boss on Borderlands 3
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has spoken of their fear of building Borderlands 3 for the next-generation consoles.
Given Borderlands 2's runaway success Pitchford and his team weren't sure that they could build a game big enough and mad enough to meet the expectations of Borderlands 3 on next-gen hardware.
"There's a point where it's like, 'What should the next Borderlands be? Should there be another Borderlands, and what should it be?'," Pitchford began. "We had that discussion and there was this weird mixed bag. On one level it's like, 'Woah'. If you're going to do something that's called Borderlands 3 and it's going to be done in this next-generation environment, there's a whole bunch of ideas that come around of what has to happen in order for that to live up to what that needs to be."
He continued, "If there's going to be a Borderlands 3 and what that would be. We imagine what that might be, and frankly it scared us. It's like, 'That's so crazy and so big that I'm not sure we can succeed'.”
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on October the 14th in North America and October 17th in Europe.
Thanks Game Informer.
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer