QuakeCon DOOM reveal is for attendees only
Bethesda has announced that the big DOOM reveal that they have planned for this year's QuakeCon will be for show attendees only.
The publisher announced the special QuakeCon reveal at E3 which game a lot of FPS fans hope that the venerable series' return might me sooner than it has seemed in recent times. However Bethesda has emphasised that this reveal is an exclusive reveal for those who are attending this year's show and no more.
They wrote on the BethBlog, “This an exclusive thing we are doing for attendees as part of our Annual QuakeCon Welcome presentation. We’ll have plenty more to show everyone at a later date, but we didn’t want another QuakeCon to go by without doing something special for the amazing QC community and id supporters that have been with us for more than 20 years.”
The new DOOM first resurfaced earlier this year after rumours abound of it being sent back to the drawing board by Bethesda with the publisher dangling the carrot of access to the DOOM beta as a pre-order bonus for Wolfenstein: The New Order.
QuakeCon will take place between July 17th and July 20th at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, Texas.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3