QuakeCon DOOM reveal is for attendees only
Bethesda has announced that the big DOOM reveal that they have planned for this year's QuakeCon will be for show attendees only.
The publisher announced the special QuakeCon reveal at E3 which game a lot of FPS fans hope that the venerable series' return might me sooner than it has seemed in recent times. However Bethesda has emphasised that this reveal is an exclusive reveal for those who are attending this year's show and no more.
They wrote on the BethBlog, “This an exclusive thing we are doing for attendees as part of our Annual QuakeCon Welcome presentation. We’ll have plenty more to show everyone at a later date, but we didn’t want another QuakeCon to go by without doing something special for the amazing QC community and id supporters that have been with us for more than 20 years.”
The new DOOM first resurfaced earlier this year after rumours abound of it being sent back to the drawing board by Bethesda with the publisher dangling the carrot of access to the DOOM beta as a pre-order bonus for Wolfenstein: The New Order.
QuakeCon will take place between July 17th and July 20th at the Hilton Anatole in Dallas, Texas.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch