Gearbox reveals their new next-gen FPS title Battleborn
Gearbox has revealed one of the new IPs that they are working on, a first-person “hero-shooter” Battleborn.
In the traditions of Borderlands, Battleborn is a blending of genres which Gearbox is calling a “hero-shooter” offering a combination of fast-paced FPS action and co-operative combat with a large selection of heroes across a story-driven campaign and an extensive competitive mode.
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said, “If Borderlands 2 is a shooter-looter, Battleborn is a hero-shooter. As a genre-fused, hobby-grade, co-operative and competitive FPS exploding with eye-popping style and an imaginative universe, Battleborn is the most ambitious video game that Gearbox has ever created.”
Battleborn will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox one before the end of March 2016.
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One
- You want hardcore difficulty? Pillars Of Eternity will delete your savegame when you die
- Destiny writer joins Telltale Game to work on the Game Of Thrones series
- Ubisoft's support for PS3 and Xbox 360 to taper off after 2015