Gearbox reveals their new next-gen FPS title Battleborn
Gearbox has revealed one of the new IPs that they are working on, a first-person “hero-shooter” Battleborn.
In the traditions of Borderlands, Battleborn is a blending of genres which Gearbox is calling a “hero-shooter” offering a combination of fast-paced FPS action and co-operative combat with a large selection of heroes across a story-driven campaign and an extensive competitive mode.
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said, “If Borderlands 2 is a shooter-looter, Battleborn is a hero-shooter. As a genre-fused, hobby-grade, co-operative and competitive FPS exploding with eye-popping style and an imaginative universe, Battleborn is the most ambitious video game that Gearbox has ever created.”
Battleborn will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox one before the end of March 2016.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3