Gearbox reveals their new next-gen FPS title Battleborn
Gearbox has revealed one of the new IPs that they are working on, a first-person “hero-shooter” Battleborn.
In the traditions of Borderlands, Battleborn is a blending of genres which Gearbox is calling a “hero-shooter” offering a combination of fast-paced FPS action and co-operative combat with a large selection of heroes across a story-driven campaign and an extensive competitive mode.
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said, “If Borderlands 2 is a shooter-looter, Battleborn is a hero-shooter. As a genre-fused, hobby-grade, co-operative and competitive FPS exploding with eye-popping style and an imaginative universe, Battleborn is the most ambitious video game that Gearbox has ever created.”
Battleborn will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox one before the end of March 2016.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year