Gearbox reveals their new next-gen FPS title Battleborn
Gearbox has revealed one of the new IPs that they are working on, a first-person “hero-shooter” Battleborn.
In the traditions of Borderlands, Battleborn is a blending of genres which Gearbox is calling a “hero-shooter” offering a combination of fast-paced FPS action and co-operative combat with a large selection of heroes across a story-driven campaign and an extensive competitive mode.
Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford said, “If Borderlands 2 is a shooter-looter, Battleborn is a hero-shooter. As a genre-fused, hobby-grade, co-operative and competitive FPS exploding with eye-popping style and an imaginative universe, Battleborn is the most ambitious video game that Gearbox has ever created.”
Battleborn will be released on PC, PS4 and Xbox one before the end of March 2016.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny