Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel could come to PS4 and Xbox One says 2K Australia
2K Australia's Tony Lawrence has indicated that, while Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is only coming to PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 it may yet come to next-gen machines as well.
“I guess we’re full on developing the PS3, 360 and PC game, and we believe in that too,” Lawrence said. “All the Borderlands 2 players are playing on those consoles. That’s the choice they’ve got. So we want to reward those guys. If fans say ‘hey, we’d really like this on a next-gen console’, well, we’ll think about that, but right now we’re concentrating on the consoles we know.”
2K and Gearbox have decided to concentrate on making the game for PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 as there are more of those consoles about and also that it would be “disingenuous” to make fans buy new console hardware to play the middle entry in the trilogy.
Series director Matt Armstrong explained, “The vast majority of our fans still have their Xbox 360 [or PS3]. The other thing is it’s the middle game in a trilogy. Moving it on to next-gen and requiring people to buy new hardware to play the middle entry in a trilogy feels a little disingenuous and we sort of want to respect that.”
“As we said, one day maybe, I don’t know,” he continued. “We’ll think about that, see how people react to the game, how much fun they have and whether or not everyone moves on to the next gen fully next year. For now we’re pretty happy with our choice and I think people are going to be to.”
Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel is due out on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360 on October 14th in North America and October 17th in Europe and the UK.
Thanks GameReactor TV.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May