Sony detail PlayTV UK launch
The PlayStation 3 TV service PlayTV has been detailed by Sony today, who confirm their UK launch plans for the system that will see PS3's receiving and recording digital television. The service will launch in the UK this September.
The package will cost 69.99 GBP, which isn't bad considering the functionality it will add.
PlayTV will use the PS3's existing hard-disk to record and pause live television broadcasts. It'll also have various other media player uses, and could help Sony rival the Xbox 360's existing media credentials.
No specific release date has been offered yet.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto