Sony detail PlayTV UK launch
The PlayStation 3 TV service PlayTV has been detailed by Sony today, who confirm their UK launch plans for the system that will see PS3's receiving and recording digital television. The service will launch in the UK this September.
The package will cost 69.99 GBP, which isn't bad considering the functionality it will add.
PlayTV will use the PS3's existing hard-disk to record and pause live television broadcasts. It'll also have various other media player uses, and could help Sony rival the Xbox 360's existing media credentials.
No specific release date has been offered yet.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side