Sony detail PlayTV UK launch
The PlayStation 3 TV service PlayTV has been detailed by Sony today, who confirm their UK launch plans for the system that will see PS3's receiving and recording digital television. The service will launch in the UK this September.
The package will cost 69.99 GBP, which isn't bad considering the functionality it will add.
PlayTV will use the PS3's existing hard-disk to record and pause live television broadcasts. It'll also have various other media player uses, and could help Sony rival the Xbox 360's existing media credentials.
No specific release date has been offered yet.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3