Sony detail PlayTV UK launch
The PlayStation 3 TV service PlayTV has been detailed by Sony today, who confirm their UK launch plans for the system that will see PS3's receiving and recording digital television. The service will launch in the UK this September.
The package will cost 69.99 GBP, which isn't bad considering the functionality it will add.
PlayTV will use the PS3's existing hard-disk to record and pause live television broadcasts. It'll also have various other media player uses, and could help Sony rival the Xbox 360's existing media credentials.
No specific release date has been offered yet.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III