Sony detail PlayTV UK launch
The PlayStation 3 TV service PlayTV has been detailed by Sony today, who confirm their UK launch plans for the system that will see PS3's receiving and recording digital television. The service will launch in the UK this September.
The package will cost 69.99 GBP, which isn't bad considering the functionality it will add.
PlayTV will use the PS3's existing hard-disk to record and pause live television broadcasts. It'll also have various other media player uses, and could help Sony rival the Xbox 360's existing media credentials.
No specific release date has been offered yet.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny