Sony believe LBP can sell consoles
Sony Computer Entertainment believe that LittleBigPlanet can be a console-seller when the innovative sandbox title, featuring the iconic sackboy, arrives this October.
The title is a PS3 exclusive, and uses physics and open-world mechanics to enable players to craft unique landscapes in which to play and socialise. Associate producer Eric Fong is certainly convinced.
"Our target audience is everyone," he told GI.biz. "It's got enough complexity that people can play it and enjoy it for many hours. At the same time, if you're just a casual user you can run through and play the game and have fun with it. Everything you see in the developer levels, you can create as the player."
The producer continued, adding confidently: "It's going to be a hardware seller. Not only do you have the platforming experience that a lot of other games will have, you have this creativity that really is exclusive to LittleBigPlanet."
More LBP soon, we hope.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter