Sony believe LBP can sell consoles
Sony Computer Entertainment believe that LittleBigPlanet can be a console-seller when the innovative sandbox title, featuring the iconic sackboy, arrives this October.
The title is a PS3 exclusive, and uses physics and open-world mechanics to enable players to craft unique landscapes in which to play and socialise. Associate producer Eric Fong is certainly convinced.
"Our target audience is everyone," he told GI.biz. "It's got enough complexity that people can play it and enjoy it for many hours. At the same time, if you're just a casual user you can run through and play the game and have fun with it. Everything you see in the developer levels, you can create as the player."
The producer continued, adding confidently: "It's going to be a hardware seller. Not only do you have the platforming experience that a lot of other games will have, you have this creativity that really is exclusive to LittleBigPlanet."
More LBP soon, we hope.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year