Sony believe LBP can sell consoles
Sony Computer Entertainment believe that LittleBigPlanet can be a console-seller when the innovative sandbox title, featuring the iconic sackboy, arrives this October.
The title is a PS3 exclusive, and uses physics and open-world mechanics to enable players to craft unique landscapes in which to play and socialise. Associate producer Eric Fong is certainly convinced.
"Our target audience is everyone," he told GI.biz. "It's got enough complexity that people can play it and enjoy it for many hours. At the same time, if you're just a casual user you can run through and play the game and have fun with it. Everything you see in the developer levels, you can create as the player."
The producer continued, adding confidently: "It's going to be a hardware seller. Not only do you have the platforming experience that a lot of other games will have, you have this creativity that really is exclusive to LittleBigPlanet."
More LBP soon, we hope.
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 boxart appears online
- 4A Games boss speaks of sorrow as the studio relocates from Ukraine to Malta
- Wasteland 2 gets a final release date
- Hellblade not tied to Heavenly Sword in any way stresses Ninja Theory
- Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare gets a free trial on PC
- Crytek to repair their reputation by making good games
- Microsoft reveals another selection of Forza Horizon 2's 200 cars
- Microsoft insisted on 1080p for Diablo III on the Xbox One