Sony believe LBP can sell consoles
Sony Computer Entertainment believe that LittleBigPlanet can be a console-seller when the innovative sandbox title, featuring the iconic sackboy, arrives this October.
The title is a PS3 exclusive, and uses physics and open-world mechanics to enable players to craft unique landscapes in which to play and socialise. Associate producer Eric Fong is certainly convinced.
"Our target audience is everyone," he told GI.biz. "It's got enough complexity that people can play it and enjoy it for many hours. At the same time, if you're just a casual user you can run through and play the game and have fun with it. Everything you see in the developer levels, you can create as the player."
The producer continued, adding confidently: "It's going to be a hardware seller. Not only do you have the platforming experience that a lot of other games will have, you have this creativity that really is exclusive to LittleBigPlanet."
More LBP soon, we hope.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3