Sony believe LBP can sell consoles
Sony Computer Entertainment believe that LittleBigPlanet can be a console-seller when the innovative sandbox title, featuring the iconic sackboy, arrives this October.
The title is a PS3 exclusive, and uses physics and open-world mechanics to enable players to craft unique landscapes in which to play and socialise. Associate producer Eric Fong is certainly convinced.
"Our target audience is everyone," he told GI.biz. "It's got enough complexity that people can play it and enjoy it for many hours. At the same time, if you're just a casual user you can run through and play the game and have fun with it. Everything you see in the developer levels, you can create as the player."
The producer continued, adding confidently: "It's going to be a hardware seller. Not only do you have the platforming experience that a lot of other games will have, you have this creativity that really is exclusive to LittleBigPlanet."
More LBP soon, we hope.
- Riot Games in talks with European ISPs over building a dedicated League Of Legends network
- New 2-on-2 mode lands in Destiny's Crucible
- Second Life Is Strange developer diaries arrives, Reddit AMA planned for next week
- Destiny's Crota's End Raid beaten in 27 minutes on Hard Mode
- Techland to show off Dying Light's asymmetric multiplayer Be A Zombie mode tomorrow
- You won't need a new graphics card in order to use DirectX 12
- Dying Light physical launch outside North America coming end of February with free DLC for all
- Telltale's Game Of Thrones Episode 2 coming at the beginning of next month
- Sony unveils special edition Bloodborne PS4s for Japan