Crackdown 2 possible, says Realtime
Sandbox action title Crackdown could spawn a sequel, developer Realtime Worlds have revealed, speaking to bloggers VG247.
The future-based crime-fighting game was an Xbox 360 hit, and studio chief Colin Macdonald admits his team regret not moving onto a sequel.
"It was a horrible, horrible decision that we still dwell on," he notes, before adding, hopefully: "But I don’t think the door’s closed. Obviously, right now we’re tied up with APB and everything else, but hopefully in the future we’ll have the resource and something can be worked out with Microsoft."
"We would have loved to have seen it. We poured five years of our lives into that game. You know, we’ve got guys on the development team that have Crackdown tattoos, permanent tattoos on their arms. We’re extremely passionate about it," Macdonald said on the prospect of a second game.
More on Crackdown 2 one day, then.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO