New Halo spin-off in the works at 343 Industries
Halo developer 343 Industries is apparently working on a new spin-off for their hallowed franchise.
A new job posting on the Microsoft careers website is advertising for a senior producer on the publishing side to oversee the development of “a new project line in the Halo universe”. Other than that line though, there's no clue as to what form this new spin-off will take.
It won't be the first time that Halo has received a spin-off. Halo 3: ODST allowed players to play as a normal trooper during the Covenant invasion of Earth and Halo: Reach told the story of a legendary team of Spartans that saved the population of the planet Reach almost single-handedly.
Then Halo Wars put an RTS spin on the Halo series and, more recently Halo: Spartan Assault brought Halo to Windows Phones and Tablets in top-down shooter form.
343 Industries has made it no secret that they have a desire to flesh out the Halo series as much as possible with games, comics, novels, TV and film along with toys and other merchandise so that Halo fans can completely immerse themselves in the lore of the universe.
- Shovel Knight arrives on PlayStation platforms this week
- Microsoft shows off Spartan Locke in action in Halo 5: Guardians
- Bethesda E3 press conference invites tease everything but Fallout 4
- New Mass Effect details possibly leaked in an online survey
- Phil Spencer promises a first-party-focused E3 offering from Microsoft
- Valve tackles phishing and scamming on Steam by requiring new users spend 5 USD to make use of all features
- Borderlands franchise director leaves Gearbox
- Blizzard announces a release date for Heroes Of The Storm and an open beta too
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May