New Halo spin-off in the works at 343 Industries
Halo developer 343 Industries is apparently working on a new spin-off for their hallowed franchise.
A new job posting on the Microsoft careers website is advertising for a senior producer on the publishing side to oversee the development of “a new project line in the Halo universe”. Other than that line though, there's no clue as to what form this new spin-off will take.
It won't be the first time that Halo has received a spin-off. Halo 3: ODST allowed players to play as a normal trooper during the Covenant invasion of Earth and Halo: Reach told the story of a legendary team of Spartans that saved the population of the planet Reach almost single-handedly.
Then Halo Wars put an RTS spin on the Halo series and, more recently Halo: Spartan Assault brought Halo to Windows Phones and Tablets in top-down shooter form.
343 Industries has made it no secret that they have a desire to flesh out the Halo series as much as possible with games, comics, novels, TV and film along with toys and other merchandise so that Halo fans can completely immerse themselves in the lore of the universe.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III