DualShock 4 now wirelessly compatible with the PS3
It looks like Sony has updated the PS3's compatibility with the PS4's DualShcok 4 controller.
The DualShock 4 controller has been compatible with the PS3 using a USB connection since it launched with the PS4 but now it looks like it's wirelessly compatible as well.
To connect, plug the DS4 into the PS3 with a USB cable, select Manage Bluetooth Devices from the Accessory settings menu and scan for device, hold down both the PS and Share buttons and select the Wireless Controller from the menu.
The DS4's light should be white which means it's connected and you can unplug the controller. It's not fully compatible as yet as things like the PS button, vibration and Sixaxis don't work yet but at least you can get some functionality out of it if you want.
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson
- Shadow Of Mordor Season Pass trailer arrives teasing the game's DLC
- Excited about No Man's Sky? Now you can help make it
- Creative Assembly has something cool to reveal after Alien: Isolation is out the door
- Defiance gets renewed by SyFy for a third season
- Deadly Premonition creator's new game D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die not doing so well
- Ion Storm had begun planning Deus Ex 3 when they closed back in 2006
- Bungie closes Destiny's Loot Cave exploit