DualShock 4 now wirelessly compatible with the PS3
It looks like Sony has updated the PS3's compatibility with the PS4's DualShcok 4 controller.
The DualShock 4 controller has been compatible with the PS3 using a USB connection since it launched with the PS4 but now it looks like it's wirelessly compatible as well.
To connect, plug the DS4 into the PS3 with a USB cable, select Manage Bluetooth Devices from the Accessory settings menu and scan for device, hold down both the PS and Share buttons and select the Wireless Controller from the menu.
The DS4's light should be white which means it's connected and you can unplug the controller. It's not fully compatible as yet as things like the PS button, vibration and Sixaxis don't work yet but at least you can get some functionality out of it if you want.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny