Epic Games to showcase indie talent using the Unreal Engine 4 at Develop this week
Epic Games is bringing four indie titles to this year's Develop Conference to show off what is being achieved outside of triple-A with the Unreal Engine 4.
The first is Decca Studio's Soar, a game about gliding over the world giving players the chance to experience the excitement of flight by hand-glider without danger. It will also be compatible with the Oculus Rift. It's destined for release in spring 2015.
Domino Effect's Red Awakening is a multiplayer objective-based stealth-horror game influenced by Thief, Manhunt and the team-based elements of Counter-Strike as well as 1980s slasher movies. Red Awakening is due for release in October of 2015.
Caede by ThrownTogetherStudios is a medieval RPG in which players must combat thirst and hunger as well as a myriad of enemies with spears, swords, axes and more. It is due out in January of 2015.
Finally they are bringing 8-bit Studio's free-to-play multiplayer online versus game SKARA: The Blade Remains which is due out in September of this year.
This year's Develop Conference 2014 will run from today until July the 10th at the Brighton Hilton Metropole.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today